Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Taco Ring

Here's a simple recipe for ya! This Taco Ring is a great way to switch up your taco routine, and makes for good leftovers.

IMG_6541

Now, this is nothing new, or rocket science. In fact, the whole phenomenon of stuffing things in a crescent roll ring is possibly dated, but who cares, it tastes fantastic!! Thank you, Pampered Chef :)

Taco Ring (courtesy Pampered Chef)

Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly whisked
1-1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I had Mexican variety on hand)
2 Tbsp water
Taco toppings of your choosing


IMG_6518

It's simple, really. 
Preheat the oven to 375

IMG_6521

Brown the ground beef

IMG_6524


While that's going, unroll the dough into a circle on a baking stone (or cookie sheet coated with spray)

IMG_6527

Drain the ground beef first, then add the package of taco mix

IMG_6528

Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese

IMG_6529

2 Tbsp water

IMG_6530

Mix it up!

IMG_6531

Place into the middle of the ring

IMG_6532

Pull the points of the dough over and pinch in the center to seal

IMG_6534

Brush with lightly whisked egg white

IMG_6536

Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 25 minutes

IMG_6537

Yum!

IMG_6543

Top with your favorite taco sides. I added:
shredded lettuce
chopped red bell pepper
salsa
sour cream
Pancho's dressing (omg, delicious, I think it's only sold in Mid-South grocery stores)

IMG_6544

There you have it! SO good!

Hey, PS, if you like stuffed crescent roll dinners, check out the recipe I've posted for Turkey Cranberry Braid, it's a top fave!! There's also the Blueberry Breakfast Braid and Spicy Cashew Chicken Bundles.

9 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

That looks so easy, yummy, and pretty!

Meredith said...

I officially comment too much on this blog. But Keith told me how much you love when people comment so I'm not going to stop :)

Making this Taco Ring tomorrown night for a triple pledge class Chi O Supper Club! I'll count how many girls say 'OMG DID YOU GET THAT FROM KENDALL AND KEITH'S BLOG??' because I can guarentee you there will be comments!

Kendall Jones said...

Mere- no such thing as too many comments! I do love it! Good luck with your dinner tomorrow :)

Shannan Martin said...

I love this but have never made it myself. It's time for that to change!! Thanks for all the delish recipes!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Kid Friendly! Anxious to try. e

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

This looks so good!! Thanks for sharing!

amerrill said...

I know it is a little late - but I just tried this last night and I'm currently eating it for lunch. It was so good and you're right, the leftovers are just as good!

I live by myself so I cut the recipe down and only used one roll of crescents and 3/4 lb of hamburger, turned out great!

Thanks for the new recipe!

lovinpaper said...

I recently found your blog and love it. I tried this recipe this weekend and my family loved it.

Claudia Davila said...

I absolutely LOVE your website!!! I tried this the other night and it was DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)