Here's a recipe for a very easy and delicious marinade for grilled zucchini and squash.
Marinated Grilled Squash (Southern Living)
Ingredients:
3 medium yellow squash
3 medium zucchini (Do as I say, not as a I do. I only had 2 of each! :)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
First, slice up the zucchini and squash diagonally.
Put in in a plastic bag
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil...
...the lemon juice...
...the garlic...
...the marjoram, salt and pepper.
Stir with a whisk
Pour over the veggies and toss around to coat.
Refrigerate this for an hour.
Grill , covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Turn it occasionally and brush it with remaining marinade.
Sorry, my final picture is more about the steaks than the veggies! But, I always get in a hurry when company is around and don't take as many pictures!


















3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Thanks for sharing a quick veggie marinade. I'm always just shaking garlic salt, pepper and olive oil, not the most sophisticated option. Haha!
We love sq. and zu. We normally stir fry with olive oil and Cavendar's. Yum! And isn't marjoram so cool? I needed some so I went digging in my grandmother's cabinet. I found an old tin of it from the 1950s. It actually still had aroma and some flavor. The price on it was 5cents. Yes, thats right 5 cents. It was so neat-an antique spice! Try marjoram on beef. You won't be disappointed! e
If you cut the zucchini the long way it is easier to grill!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)