Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Results of Menu Monday 7/5

Happy Saturday, y'all! This week has been a busy one for us in the kitchen. After making everything on the menu, I have lots to recap!

Menu Monday 7/5

From Top Left:

Chicken Caprese - This is a regular in our house, always good!

Asian Broccoli Chicken with Cashews - recipe from Kraft. It was good, but not out-of-this-world. I'd just soon make Thai Peanut Pasta and have that instead. This recipe was easy and quick, but lacked big flavor. So, I won't make it again. Here's what the final product looked like for us:

IMG_6426


Feta & Vegetable Rotini Pasta Salad - recipe also from Kraft. I served this with mini turkey sandwiches on King's Hawaiian rolls. YUM! This pasta salad was delicious! It was super easy and made a ton. I added a chopped red bell pepper (because I had it) and splashed in some light balsamic dressing, too. We've been snacking on this since we made it. It's now a new favorite! Here's the pic:

IMG_6316


Fresh Peach Salsa - this, too, came from Kraft. FABULOUS! It was so easy to whip this salsa up and add it to some grilled fish. We had Grouper and the salsa topped it off so well. I did double the recipe, because it seemed to not make enough. We'll most definitely make this again. We practically licked our plates clean :)

IMG_6314

Blueberry Peach Galette - recipe from Cooking Light, but I've re-posted here. Best thing I made all week!!! This is the winner. It was fabulous and one of the easiest desserts I've ever made. The next night, I substituted strawberries for peaches, and I'm thinking I might have liked that one better. I'm not sure, they were both so good!!

IMG_6337
Peach
IMG_6430
Strawberry


Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cookie Cake - recipe also from Kraft. This wasn't bad. It was pretty good, but not the best cake I've ever had. It certainly wasn't as pretty as the picture. I doubt I make it ever again. I'm just picky about cakes. I feel like if you go to the trouble to make one, it should knock your socks off. This one didn't. It tasted fine and good, but not rockin' my world. Just sayin'!

See, not so cute, and I'm usually pretty skilled at making desserts look nice:

IMG_6506


All in all, it was a great week! We found some new winners! And learned a few things :)
Did you make anything from my menu this week?

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Yum! I always love seeing what y'all are having for supper each week :)

Ashley and Ben Barr said...

I had this delicious dessert at Mrs. Kelsey Hency's house and it was delicious! I love love your blog and delicious recipes!

Cassie said...

Hi Kendall!

I stumbled across your blog and have loved your recipes! I have made a few of your recipes (maple chipotle pork chops--yum!)with much success! I just made the peach salsa and served it with Cooking Light's Pepper Jack, Peach and Chicken Quesadillas--so yummy! If you are looking for another way to use the peach salsa, this was a great and easy recipe that my husband and I both loved! The only change I made was to use chicken (marinated in bbq sauce) that my hubby grilled, instead of rotisserie chicken.

Happy cooking!
Cassie

www.dadakisses.blogspot.com

Kendall Jones said...

Awesome idea, Cassie! Thanks so much for sharing!! I'll try that soon :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)