Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Student Doctor Jones

My smarty-pants husband got a fancy white coat on Friday morning.

33420_1481620956976_1127371694_31449922_346322_n

He is now officially Student Doctor Keith Jones at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry! He's made it through two grueling years of book work and passed his first part of national boards. Now, it's time to get to work on some real patients!

So, UT had a nice ceremony to honor that next step: Commencement into Clinical Practice. Woohooo!

IMG_6449

IMG_6431

We gathered at Memphis University School for the nice, short ceremony.

IMG_6433

Keith is about to walk across the stage!

IMG_6436

White coat time!

DSC02004

He was made for this.

IMG_6437

Shaking hands with all the deans and department chairs...

IMG_6438

IMG_6444

After each student made their way across the stage, they all stood to take an oath...

IMG_6448

...to be the best that they can be! (in more or less words)

IMG_6451

Then they all filed out for a group picture:

IMG_6458

That's a smart bunch! The class of 2012.

IMG_6461

Keith and I with Dr. Hatch.

IMG_6463

Keith with Dr. Covington

IMG_6462

His dental BFF, Miles

DSC02017

Student Doctor Trammell and Student Doctor Jones

IMG_6464

Keith and his brother, Ryan


IMG_6466

Keith with his parents and siblings


IMG_6467

Student Dr and Mrs Jones!


IMG_6469

Keith and Travis

IMG_6472

Ryan, Keith, Burton, RJ and Matt

IMG_6474

Nate D!!

DSC02033

Keith and his proud mama!

IMG_6475

Keith and my Dad. They didn't have fancy white coat ceremonies when he was in school!

IMG_6476

Two dental thugs. Salt n Pepper.
They think they are awesome!


After the ceremony, we headed to the dental school for a quick tour of the clinic:

IMG_6483

Nice, new equipment!

IMG_6477

Dad takes a test drive with Ryan

IMG_6479

"This is how we did it in my day!"

DSC02047

Keith is a D3, and they have their own section of the clinic.

DSC02038

Keith with his sister, Meagan.

DSC02041

Little sibs! Any future dentists here? Will see!


DSC02039

Mom checks out the endodontics microscope

DSC02044

Checking out a dollar bill, did you know just how much detail is on US $$? Pretty impressive.

IMG_6486

The pediatric clinic, with animals on the walls and TVs in the ceiling. So cute!


Later in the night, we had sushi with my parents....

IMG_6493

Sake to Keith!

IMG_6495

Adorable 'rents!


Afterward, Keith's parents came over for dessert and a movie:

IMG_6511

My Dad loves sweets so much, you'd think I made this cake for him instead of Keith!


I am so, so proud of you, Keith! You have worked so hard to get here and I know you'll be an amazing dentist and your patients will love you!

Speaking of patients, anybody need any work done? He has a checklist to fulfill :)

9 responses. Leave a Comment!:

annecase said...

Yay Keith! Congrats!

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Yes, Yes, Yes. I am a loyal blog follower and we need SEALANTS!!!! We'll take a cleaning too. Be glad to drive them over! echeek

Jamie said...

How exciting! I know y'all are both so happy :)

Alexis Anderson said...

Yay, Keith!! Congrats :)

Ken, you look fabulous! Lovin' the longer hair..

Also, sign me up for the veneer test!! :)

Meredith said...

Congrats, Keith!! I begged Kathryn to go to this ceremony, but she literally wouldn't allow me. She said it wasn't worth taking off work to watch someone walk across the state. So I wasn't there :(, but kinda feel like I was now after the pics. (I can even spy her in the front row of the group pic)... and that first picture of you two is a definite framer!

Jennifer said...

Now that's a good lookin couple! Congrats to Dr. Jones!

Kendall Jones said...

Thanks everyone!! Liz, those precious kiddos of yours probably have fantastic teeth! Alexis, Keith has your number for that one! And Mere, you should come for the real graduation in 2 years ;)

emily said...

Hey Kendall. My name's Emily Fourmy, and Katie Fourmy is my little sister. I just graduated from dental school at UT in May, and am now doing a residency in pediatric dentistry here in Memphis. My sis told me about your blog a long time ago (and that she knew you and Keith when y'all were all in Fayetteville) and then Kevin Kennedy brought it up again last week, and I started reading! You are a fantastic writer, and I have enjoyed reading, especially your recipes! Just wanted to say hi, and tell you I plan to keep reading! :) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! How exciting for you and your hubby!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)