Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

4th of July 2010

To celebrate our nation's birthday, I spent the day with my Mom at home prepping for a family cookout!

It started with a patriotic breakfast before the boys headed out for golf:

IMG_6188

One of my favorite things: fruit + yogurt + granola + honey



Mom and I spent the day baking and making goodies:

IMG_6247

Peach cobbler/pie with a fancy crust! Tip: when doing a pie with decorative crust additions, bake them separately on a cookie sheet, so they don't sink into the pie!

IMG_6248

Easy Blackberry Cobbler that I topped with powdered sugar. I just used a star cookie cutter to draw stars on wax paper, cut them out with an exacto knife and shook the sugar on top. So cute!

IMG_6254

We hung flags around the house!

And then family came over...

IMG_6249

Elizabeth, my cousin Ashley's daughter. She is the center of attention in the fam!

IMG_6261

And the outfit is precious, of course!

IMG_6252

We played a game of bag-toss

IMG_6257

E got into it!

IMG_6260

And she loves Keith, but then again, who doesnt!?

IMG_6264

There were also riveting games of badminton!

IMG_6273

And we were very patriotic/sailor/Waldo-ish

IMG_6274

My little buddy!! We played so much that night :)

IMG_6284

She really, really loves my Dad. She can't quite say "Uncle Lindy", so she calls him Nenee.
She loves to imitate him!

IMG_6285

Stare off!

IMG_6290

Posing with the flag

IMG_6292

Being really silly! Love her face.

IMG_6294

I'm telling you, my Dad is one funny man.

IMG_6302

After his apparent wardrobe change from his golf clothes, we pose with the brats!

IMG_6303

Me with my patriotic parents. Love this pic :)


IMG_6313

What a great night with family! Thank God for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is too cute!! Especially those adorable pics with your dad...haha!!

Jamie said...

I made peach cobbler last night but yours is so much cuter! Elizabeth is adorable :)

Trish said...

So, do you workout a ton?? All this cooking, but you look to be in great shape. Secrets please:) I made that shrimp dinner tonight. YUMMY!!!

Meredith said...

Question. Where did you get that precious red shirt? I LOVE it!

Kendall Jones said...

Trish - Yes, I work out, but I'm new to it! I finally realized I have to exercise if I'm going to be cooking like this :)

Mere - Girl, thank you! That shirt is from Forever 21 a few years ago. Funny how some stuff from that store actually stays in style!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)