Well, the Mini Mexican Meatloaves were a success!
They were so good! And definitely had a Mexican flavor, which we loved.
Here's the recipe:
Mini Mexican Meatloaf
(from my friend Kristen)
Click here for the printer-friendly version
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 cup Picante sauce
1 (4 oz) can of diced green chilies, drained
1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
Toppings: Picante sauce, Monterey Jack shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro (I used dried cilantro leaves from my spice cabinet)
Here's the recipe:
Mini Mexican Meatloaf
(from my friend Kristen)
Click here for the printer-friendly version
1 1/2 lb ground beef
3/4 cup Picante sauce
1 (4 oz) can of diced green chilies, drained
1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
Toppings: Picante sauce, Monterey Jack shredded cheese, sour cream and cilantro (I used dried cilantro leaves from my spice cabinet)
This is so easy, y'all.
Just combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl:
I put the egg in first and then beat it lightly with a fork
Then I added the Picante, chilies, cumin, salt and crushed chips
Then add the chopped onion and ground beef...
Stir together well! At a certain point, I just used my hands.
Now, you have a choice here. If you have a mini-loaf pan, you could use that. I don't have any small mini pans so I used my muffin tin (Kristen's idea!) and it reduced the cook time. I sprayed it with Pam first, but I didn't entirely think that was necessary because of the grease from the beef.
{Pause: I stuck this in the fridge for a little over an hour while I was at my step aerobics class. The recipe calls for refrigerating for a couple of hours, but I don't think you have to do that at all.}
Bake the mini meatloaves at 350 for 25 minutes. Towards the end, I upped the temp to 375 just to brown them a little more.
If you use small loaf pans, bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
I'll be honest, there was a lot of grease bubbling up around the little meatloaves. It was gross, but just the nature of the meal. I was just careful to remove the muffin/loaf things and leave the grease in the tray, and that worked just fine.
Enjoy!
















10 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Those look so yum!! I showed my boy and I'll be making them soon :)
Oooohhh, thanks for posting, I'll definitely be trying this soon!
yay! i'm famous ;)
so glad you enjoyed them!
Puttin' that on my menu for next week! Easy and delicious...just my style!
AH! How cute are those?? Wow, I just called meatloaf 'cute'. I have a friend who is getting married August 7 and she is obsessed with meatloaf so this recipe will be made by me (at some point....... probably not soon ha) and passed on to her for her hubby! See ya tomorry maybe!
Meatloaf can be cute!! :)
YUM-MY!!! Another one for the recipe spreadsheet! :)
I'm making this tonight for dinner. It smells delicious! I love your recipes! I made the tomato-corn pizza twice in one week..ha! My hubby and bestie LOVED it! Thanks for making cooking enjoyable again!
I made these last night, very yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe!
I tried these last night, very tasty! I left out the cumin & did a 1/2 pkg. of taco seasoning and added 1 Tbsp. of hot sauce. It was a hit! Thanks :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)