Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Results of Menu Monday 7/12

Ahh, geez. Am I really writing about food again? Yep.

Here are the results of this week's menu and pictures of how it turned out for us:

12

From Top Left

Taco Ring: It was great! I posted the recipe earlier this week. Lots of people said they were going to make it. Let me know how it turns out for you!

IMG_6541


Watermelon Berry Dressing: Recipe from She's Becoming DoughMessTic. It turned out great! I substituted blueberries for raspberries, and it was delicious. It made plenty so I still have some leftover. Yum! I served it on a salad with chicken, mandarin oranges, grapes, almonds and I don't know what else. It was a hodge podge!

IMG_6560


Chicken Parmesan Bundles: Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Get the Kraft recipe here. This was the best thing we made all week. It was outstanding. It was way too easy for it to look as impressive as it did! We loved it. I added chopped basil on top just before serving and that really added a nice touch. This is our new favorite stuffed chicken recipe AND new favorite method of making an Italian meal with chicken. It also made for great leftovers.

IMG_6561


Roasted Tilapia with Orange-Parsley Salsa: This was the second time we've made this dish, and it is very yummy! It's pretty healthy, too, so it was a nice meal to have after we left the gym last night :) I have used both regular oranges and small clementines when I make this. I like the color variety!

IMG_3567


Glazed Strawberry Banana Bread: I didn't get around to making this during the week. Between work, my class at the gym and making dinner every night, sometimes I'd rather just watch TV or read a magazine after all of that instead of make bread! I'll get to it this weekend and it'll be fantastic!


I hope everyone had a great (and delicious) week!

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jennifer said...

I've made that stuffed chicken several times and LOVE it as well!!!

Jamie said...

It all looks delicious...especially the stuffed chicken parmesan! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I've bookmarked the parmesan chicken. Can't wait to try that one...looks delish

aLLie said...

I came across you blog when I googled 'corn dip'. I have visited ever since :) I am making the taco ring tonight!! Love the step by step photos!!

Meredith said...

So a friend took a picture of the Taco Ring I had made and I of course had to tag you or it wouldn't have been fair credit. It clearly wasn't too glamorous on the red leaf plate I had to serve it on beacuse my good platters were MIA. Also, please check out the plastic blue cup I cut the top off of to place in the center for the salsa. Talk about needing kitchen items... I guess that has to wait until you get married and register since I don't have funds to buy fun things like that :)

I'll be in Memphis Friday... Beale Street anyone!?!

Kendall Jones said...

Thanks, girls! I hope the taco ring turned out okay for you, Allie!
As for you, Mere, thanks for tagging me in the pic, it made me smile! It looked great, too! And yes, hold out for good registry loot!! I have no plans for Friday, but it sounds like I do now :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)