Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Live at the Garden with Al Green

Last night we enjoyed listening to Al Green serenade us in the Memphis Botanic Garden with friends.

Live at the Garden is a fantastic summer concert series on a big lawn surrounded by lots of trees. You can bring whatever you want and listen to some great tunes! We went last year to see Sister Hazel and Train. That's when I fell in love with Train's new album!

IMG_6676

I pulled together a little picnic basket with some snacks, wine, and of course, a citronella candle! I made these Basil, Feta and Red Pepper muffins. They were good, but I felt like they were missing something. The wine was really all we needed anyway :)

IMG_6680

Our good friends Kathryn Morrison and Meredith Looney joined us, too! Kathryn is in Keith's dental school class and we've been pals since our UofA days. Mere came over from Little Rock for the night and we all had a blast! Isn't that little red truck wine barrel so cute!?

IMG_6715

My hubs! 
"Let's stay together......lovin' you whether, whether, times are good or bad, happy or sad...."

IMG_6688

The view from our blanket. The event was sold-out! The stage was down on the right, and a big screen to the left. It was a full moon, too. So lovely!

IMG_6701


IMG_6723

Al Green rocked it out, wearing green (hehe), and sang all of his greatest hits! We loved singin' along to Tired of Being Alone and Love and Happiness....

IMG_6691

Keith is loungin' and chatting with the ladies.

IMG_6714

Cuties!

IMG_6713

It was hot, but not miserable, and I still don't know why I bothered to try and fix my hair beforehand. It went straight to a ponytail!

IMG_6712

Such a fun time! We stayed on our little picnic blankets just chatting until almost everyone left. Good times with good friends. And we love you, Al Green!!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Al Green rocks but. . . I need a recipe! e

Melissa said...

I love your picnic basket! I didn't know the Botanic Gardens did that! Dustin and I need to look into it!

Jamie said...

How fun! Glad y'all had a good time :)

Ashlee said...

don't know how i found your blog but i love it...i'm so hungry now :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!! There are events similar to this around me and I just love them. Adorable picnic basket. Where'd you get it?

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)