Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Frozen Peanut Butter Turtle Pie

Peanut Butter + Cream Cheese.

Need I say more?

IMG_6730

Frozen Peanut Butter Turtle Pie (from Kraft)

Ingredients:
1 tub (8 oz.) cream cheese spread                            
1/3 cup  creamy peanut butter                            
1/2 cup sugar                            
2 cups thawed whipped topping                            
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping                            
Oreo pie crust (6 oz.)                            
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted                            
2 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
 
 

First, get a big bowl.

IMG_6734

Combine the cream cheese....

IMG_6737

...peanut butter and sugar...

IMG_6738

And beat with a hand mixer until well blended...

IMG_6740

...like that. This mixture tastes amazing. Get 'cha a little lick.

IMG_6743

Add the thawed whipped topping...

IMG_6747

...and stir with your spatula (or in my case, spoonula :) until it is nice and smooth.

IMG_6750

Get out your pie crust. 
The recipe calls for a pre-made crust from the store, which I had, and it broke. I was trying to prop it up in my 'ingredients' picture and it smashed into a billion pieces. Luckily, I had a package of Oreos and just Googled how to make my own. Improvise people! You gotta be able to adapt! You never know what you're gonna screw up and have to rebound quickly on. Surely that's not just me!?  :)

IMG_6752

Add 1/4 cup caramel topping and spread evenly over the bottom

IMG_6756

Then add the creamy mixture.

IMG_6759

Oh heavens, yum!!!!

Stick in the freezer for 4 hours.

{Confession: My next two pictures suck. It got dark. We had guests here. They were stomping their fists with forks in hand, ready for me to serve this. Not really, but you get the idea. So, my pictures lack because I just rushed to snap them, bad lighting and all!}

IMG_6783

Top the frozen pie with the toasted, chopped pecans and drizzle with chocolate. Slice and serve!

IMG_6782

It is VERY good!

9 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!! Perfect for a hot summer night, sweet and cold!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Kendall.
Talk about right down my alley. I better not make this...for I might eat the entire thing by myself. Looks like you outdid yourself on this one. Ya'll in Memphis know what you're doin' in the kitchen!

Rachel said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs by reading this...it looks SO AMAZING! Definitely must make this soon. What would I do without all of your recipes?? :)

Christian and Maggie Newton said...

Umm... YUM! We're making your mexican mini meatloaf tonight! Have you ever heard of http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/?
A co-worker shared it with me... it looks cute!

Jamie said...

This looks delicious! I'll definitely have to make it soon :)

Kendall Jones said...

Thanks, Maggie, for the coconutlime link! Love it!

Jeni Sackett said...

I just finished making this dessert! I am taking it to Matt and Keri's lake house tonight! Thanks for all the great recipes. Love you!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Oh man, this looks beyond good. Peanut butter and chocolate? OK! I am contemplating running to the store so I can make this tonight! But I think I should calm down and wait until I have company :)

Anonymous said...

I just made this recipe and it is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)