Hi friends! It may be Wednesday, and I may be behind on my weekly menu, but I'm still sharing anyway. Maybe because I'm excited about it.
Then again, I'm always excited about food!
I finally got my act together last night and cleaned out the fridge (we're talking sparkly clean!), made my list and headed to Kroger. It was a peaceful way to spend my Tuesday evening while Keith played golf (cough, cough* I thought you were a busy student, honey? *cough, cough :) I kid!!
Anyway, here's what's on the menu for the rest of the week and weekend:
From top left...
Mini Mexican Meatloaf - I can't wait to make this tonight! My friend, Kristen, from work gave me this recipe recently and I've been really excited to try it. Who knows, maybe you'll wake up tomorrow and there will be a blog post all about it. It's the stuff you dream of, folks, I know it! :)
Update: Great! Shared the recipe in this post.
Tomato-and-Corn Pizza - Oh, Southern Living, your July issue has me salivating. This recipe is a stand-out in the issue that just looks so delish. Don't tell Keith, but it's vegetarian and there's no meat. I think he'll survive, but I'm not sure.
Update: AMAZING! Posted the recipe here.
Update: AMAZING! Posted the recipe here.
Filet Mignon - What a treat! My mom sneakily put some superb steak in our freezer when she was here last. What a surprise! We're going to make a nice weekend meal out of this and have the next 3 items with it. For the steak, I'm sure we'll just add some sort of peppercorn rub and throw it on the grill.
Grilled Marinated Squash and Zucchini - I couldn't find this Southern Living recipe online anywhere, but it's in one of my favorite SL cookbooks. I'll take pics of the process and share the recipe with you afterwards. It's yummy; we've made it many times before.
Update: Here's the recipe!
Update: Here's the recipe!
Warm Balsamic Potato Salad - I recently saw this in a Cooking Light publication and wrote it down. It sounds so good and so easy. We'll see how it turns out! The image I used above is not depicting the recipe, but it looks pretty close. I'll take my own pics of the real deal.
Update: This was fantastic!!!! Everyone loved it.
Frozen Peanut Butter Turtle Pie - This Kraft recipe sounds fab. It's hot as Hades down here 'round Memphis, so for dessert this weekend a frozen pie should fit the bill. With an ingredient list like that, how could it be bad?
Update: Yum! Posted all about it here.








8 responses. Leave a Comment!:
So, I'll be there Friday for an Al Green concert at the Gardens with Kujo. What's for dinner? I'm halfway kidding.........and that pizza looks fab- is that bad, it's 10 am.
If the meatloaf is good post the recipe. It sounds delicious! Also, I make that turtle pie form Kraft. it's so easy and so good! You'll love it!!
So I think you and Keith should come over for dinner one night this weekend and bring that turtle pie with you :) And as far as the meatloaf goes, ask kyle about my breakdown last week over meatloaf. maybe a mini one will restore some dignity to my life haha
Mere - I may be going to Al Green, too. I'll let you know. Can't wait to hang out with you and Kuj!
Melissa - Good! Glad to know in advance it's gonna be good :)
Courtney - I've screwed up meatloaf before, I hope that isn't the case tonight!
Your menu looks delicious as always! I made the chicken parmesan bundles the other night and they were delicious!
The mini meatloaf looks delish! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :)
The pie is to die for and beyond easy!
OMG, the July Southern Living has me salivating too! All the corn recipes. I love it! Let us know how the pizza is. I'm planning on making every recipe in that issue, ha!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)