Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Best Baked Beans

Beans, beans, what a wonderful food....

IMG_6301


These are the best baked beans, y'all. So good, so easy and actually pretty (for beans).
It's because you use a wide variety of beans in the recipe! 

My Mom has been making this for quite a while now; I believe it comes from a local cookbook (like from the junior league or something). Ahh, those local, compilation cookbooks are sweet!

Want the recipe? Sure ya do. It's good for you.

Best Baked Beans

Ingredients:
1/2 pound bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp dry mustard
1 (16 ounce) can kindey beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained

IMG_6219

Beans!!

IMG_6220

These 4 ingredients go so well together!

IMG_6221
Bacon!

(I am loving exclamation points tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350
In a large baking dish, combine the beans.

IMG_6223

In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onions in bacon grease (or a little bit of oil) until clear.

IMG_6222

Love the way that smells!

IMG_6227

Next, gather up your vinegar, brown sugar and dry mustard.

IMG_6230

Add to the pan of sauteed onions.

IMG_6231

Stir it around...

IMG_6232

Remove from heat.....

IMG_6233

...and add it to the beans. Stir it around to mix and marry.

IMG_6239

Add crumbled bacon on top...

IMG_6240

Cover with aluminum foil, and stick in the oven for 60 minutes.
Your house will smell SO good!

IMG_6301

Serve warm! They are scrumptious :)

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Meredith said...

As sick as it sounds to say, I'm obsessed with beans. Cannot WAIT to try this!! Want to start a cooking show? I'd watch daily.

Jenny Strickland said...

Oh my goodness! I think I will have to try these next time the hubby grills us steaks! YUMO!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)