Dear heavens!
This pizza is fantastic. So easy, so yummy, so pretty. Thank you, once again, Southern Living, for a great recipe!
Here's how you make it, because this is one you'll want to try yourself, I promise. I wouldn't lead you astray.
Tomato-and-Corn Pizza (Southern Living)
Ingredients:
3 small plum tomatoes, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (14-oz.) package prebaked Italian pizza crust (such as Boboli)
Parchment paper (if you don't have a baking stone)
1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (1 regular sized ear of corn)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sugar
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
A handful of fresh whole or torn basil leaves
Get everything gathered together. This process is really easy, trust me.
Preheat oven to 450.
Place crust on baking sheet lined with Parchment paper or on ungreased baking stone
Slice the tomatoes and lay on paper towels to dry. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Let sit for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, you can get everything else ready.
Spread 1/3 cup pesto on the crust
Mmmm, pesto
Make a mess when you grate the Parmesan. It's totally worth it!
Once you've cut the corn off the cob, combine the corn, Parmesan and sugar in a bowl
Spread evenly over the pesto
Layer the mozzarella slices and tomatoes on top
I tried to arrange mine so that the corn would peek through!
Stick this in the oven. The recipe called for 14 minutes, but it took mine closer to 20 to get golden brown.
Take it out of the oven...and try to contain yourself.
Sprinkle with the basil leaves.
GOOD NESS.
If you're like me, pizza (or really anything) tastes better when accompanied by a glass of wine.
The corn adds a wonderful touch to this fresh-tasting pizza. If you wanted to, you could add shredded chicken to it to better please the men in your life. Keith survived this meal just fine without meat. He surprised himself!





















7 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I would never have thought to use corn in a pizza recipe! And I totally agree about the wine :)
this looks AMAZING! Well actually everything you make does! love your blog & your recipes. I'm quite behind but I love the post of all your recipes, emails and magazines. I'm the SAME way. I'm not as get just yet at executing the process of cooking! haha
I'm so glad you tried this! I, too, saw this in Southern Living, but was somewhat hesitant to try it. You've totally changed my mind! I think yours looks better than the magazines! Good work!
(By the way, I tried your cobbler recipe with peaches, blackberries, and strawberries and all 3 were delicious! Thanks!)
looks FAB. My hub likes meat too. Also What about doritos instead of corn chips in the Mexican meatloaf? talk about some FLAVOR!!!e
Hi Kendall! I am new to your blog (and the blogging world) so I wanted to leave you a message. My husband is so VERY happy I found your blog! In the past three days I made the taco ring, strawberry/blueberry galette AND tonight I tried this beautiful pesto pizza! It was sooo amazing (and SO easy). Thank you for writing such a fun blog. You are making me look like a really excellent wife ;)
thanks, gals! love the comments!
This pizza was Amazing!! We had it for dinner tonight and added a little grilled chicken. Mmmm :) Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)