Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Riesling

Can I just say TGIF!? What a week.

I mentioned that I would be taking a trip for work. Well, that was interesting! In a nutshell, I had a 24-hour business trip in which my coworkers and I never made it to our D.C. destination, never had our meetings, and never had our bags...and still don't. Hah! I'll just say that I am thankful I was traveling with folks I really like and that there was a Target near our hotel we were put up in for the night. With both of those things, plus a good attitude, I survived (and it could always be worse!). Although I feel like I didn't accomplish much of anything in the last day!

Having said the above, I'm excited about Wine Friday. I may or may not have gone straight for the vino upon arriving back home from all of that mess!

wine fridays

The wine I enjoyed last night, to ease my travel woes, was this delicious Riesling!


clean_slate_riesling


Clean Slate Riesling
Year: 2009
Origin: Mosel, Germany
Average price: $10
Wine Notes from wine.com: Ripe peach flavors balance lively acidity, hints of lime and characteristic minerality. Clean Slate Riesling pairs well with Asian dishes, spicy foods, sushi, fish, poultry and pork. Perfect for summer.
My review: WOW. This was fantastic. It was fresh, sweet, but not too strong, crisp and just delicious! After searching online a bit, it appears this one has won many awards, and is pretty cheap to boot! Not to mention that the bottle is really beautiful, too.

Happy weekend!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Amen to that sister! It has been a crazy week and I am sooo happy it is Friday tomorrow! I enjoyed some much needed wine with friends after work today too. Love this series and the special header you have for it, so cute!

Beren said...

Cleanslate Reisling is my favorite!!! The best!! They serve it as their house reisling at Sushi Cafe in Little Rock. Yum!

Anonymous said...

What a week!! Hope you get your bags back!!

I'll have to pick up a bottle of this soon, loving Rieslings lately...

Have a fabulous weekend!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Chateau St. Michele Riesling is my favorite!

Taylor said...

Relax Reisling is my favorite!! Can't wait to try this one!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)