Mmm, mmm good
We had a great dinner tonight! My parents are in town and mom and I had a very fun shopping day! The weather here in Memphis was amazing today. We were in the high 60s, low 70s, which is very odd for this time of year! That probably means we'll have an ice storm before spring officially arrives! Anyway, back to dinner...
We had a yummy Caesar salad, delicious Tuscany bread and a cheesy pasta dish from a MixingBowl.com magazine recipe. It was really good, really easy and made a lot! Here's the recipe:
Cheesy Baked Pasta
Ingredients
1 16 oz box campanelle or wagonwheel pasta (but really any shape will work)
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 yellow onion, diced
1 diced green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 jar alfredo sauce (15-17 oz.)
1 large jar spagetti sauce (16-17 oz.)
1 jar salsa (16 oz.)
2 c. shredded mozarella
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
-Cook pasta al dente according to the package directions.
-Brown ground beef, sausage, onion and green pepper. Add garlic near end of browning time. Drain well.
-Mix together pasta and meat mixture in large greased baking dish (at least a 9"x13" or 3 quarts). Mix together all the dried herbs and roll between your hands to crush over the pasta. Mix in alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce and salsa. Stir together gently to combine.
-Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Cover tightly with foil (spray foil with cooking spray so it won't stick to the cheese.) and bake in a preheated 375° oven for 60 minutes.
I am looking forward to switching up this recipe with a variety of cheeses and ingredients!










3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
This looks so delicious!! I'm totally going to make it this week. Yum!
Like usual...adding this to my must make list!
I made this tonight for valentine's dinner and it was a hit!! Thanks again :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)