Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Savory Sausage Breakfast Rolls

Good morning!

IMG_0063

I've made these Savory Sausage Breakfast Rolls for the past 2 weekends, and Keith cannot get enough of them! The recipe comes from Cooking Light, but I adapted a few things the second go-around and I think it made them better. Here's the recipe!

Savory Sausage Breakfast Rolls

Ingredients:
1 can Crescent rolls or Crescent creation dough sheets
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
16 oz sage (or regular) pork sausage
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
cooking spray

First, preheat oven to 350.

IMG_0051

Cook and crumble the bacon. Drain the grease, or pat with paper towels.

IMG_0053

Chop the rosemary.

IMG_0054

In a small bowl, combine the sausage, rosemary and salt.

IMG_0056

Find lengthwise seam in dough. Beginning at seam, gently unroll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 13 x 8-inch rectangle; brush with melted butter, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle sausage mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Starting with a long side, roll dough up, jelly-roll fashion; press seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut 1 (1/2-inch-thick) crosswise slice from each end; discard. Slice roll crosswise into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) pieces; arrange in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden.


IMG_0066

They are so yummy and I love the different flavors of rosemary and gruyere to upgrade your standard sausage breakfast!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

Kendall these look delicious! My Keith would love these for breakfast everyday. Beautiful photos too!

Caroline said...

I've been craving these!!!

Shari said...

These look amazing. You have made me seriously consider getting a new subscription to Cooking Light Magazine. Everything you make has me drooling. :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Do you think I could do a different cheese and it would be equally as yummy

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)