Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 1/10/11

Happy Monday! Oh, how I've missed the blog, kitchen, cooking, etc! I was away all last week for work, so upon my return I stocked up on groceries to spend the week cooking at home, and preparing for being snowed in today! Yay!

menu 1-10-11

Here's what's on the menu, from top left:

Savory Sausage Rolls - I actually made this Cooking Light recipe yesterday. Click here to get it. We loved them and ate way too many! My Kroger did not have fresh sage, so I substituted with rosemary and it tasted delicious. I do think that next time I'll swap crescent rolls for the French bread, too.

Chicken Tortilla Soup - Perfect for a cold, snowy day! I've posted about this recipe before - right here. It's just wonderful!! I strongly encourage you to make it, if you haven't already.

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies - What else to do when you're snowed in but bake!? These are on the agenda today. Yum! This is a Southern Living recipe that I'll be testing.

Results: Amazing! Click here for my post with the recipe.

Ginger Steak Salad - This is a Pioneer Woman recipe that we've made many times. It's a favorite of ours!

Raspberry-Pear-Granola Crisp - A new recipe on the agenda this week comes from Betty Crocker. In this cold month of January, after all of the heavy sweets of the holidays, I'm craving this warm, fruity dessert! Should be great with ice cream. We shall see!!

Result: Fantastic!!! Here is the post I made with the recipe and photos.

Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza - Another dish I've made and posted about before that we just love! I'll have cilantro leftover from the soup, so this seemed like a good way to re-purpose it. Click here for my post with the recipe.


5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Those cookies look delish! Yum!

Janelle - The Farmer's Wife said...

Love your blog and have been following you for awhile. Just wondering what type of camera you use. You have amazing pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try that tortilla soup...sounds delish!!

michele said...

So glad you're back! I've missed your blog and positive outlook!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE reading your menu Monday and can't wait to try some of the out!:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)