Are you tired of winter? I sure am. The gray days, dry skin, and overall blah are just getting old! We were spoiled with a nice day this Saturday so I was inspired to do some sprucing up around the house to ready myself for Spring! The house always feels empty after the Christmas decor comes down, so I was due to re-decorate the bare mantel anyway. Lucky for me, Mom was in town and she is my best decorating partner!
It's funny how the subtle changes in your house make you feel like it's new again!
For the mantel, we used my ceramic pieces that I bought last fall and got new greenery at Michael's to add to them. We also 'shopped the house' for other things.
Succulents, rocks, branchy goodness
More succulents, ferny greens, and good books all make for a nice little scene.
Between the chairs, we used things I already had to refresh the small table.
Calico Corners was having their sale (that only happens twice a year) and when I saw these pillows, I know they had to be mine! I got 2 just alike. I love the birds and whimsy!
And the polka dots on the back are precious!
A little topiary from Michael's adds a fresh touch of green.
And for the coffee table, I pulled out a tray I had from Pier 1 and filled it with random goodies from around the house. This little bird is reminding me that Spring is near!
















5 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Love your decorating style!
Loving all of these simple changes! Can't wait for your Easter/Spring Decor I remember loving all of it last year especially your sign! xoxo
Kendall it all looks great! It is so hard to get decorating just right and you always seem to hit it right on the head.
I noticed one of the book titles you had on your mantel (One Thousand White Women) is a book I also read!
I love the pops of color!! Looks great!
Everything looks great! I LOVE the pillows!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)