Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Snowy Goodness

It's been a wonderful day around these parts. It snowed all night long and we woke up to a beautiful blanket of 4 inches of snow!

IMG_9876

Keith found out dental school was canceled before he even went to bed last night. And you can imagine my delight to receive a staff-wide 'the office is closed' email at 7 am! Woo to the hoo! We slept in later than normal, snuggled, baked, and got out and explored in the snow! Here are pictures:


IMG_9878

Our tundra/neighborhood

IMG_9881

The pond across the street from the house

IMG_9885

Keith looks funny. He literally wore ski goggles, even though it wasn't snowing anymore.

IMG_9886

And I had the perfect excuse to wear my color-coordinated ski wear :)

IMG_9895

We got on the 4-wheeler and explored our countryside

IMG_9896

Beautiful frozen creeks!

IMG_9899

It is cold on that 4-wheeler with the wind!

IMG_9906

In the farm fields

IMG_9907

We also did some exploring in Keith's warm truck.

IMG_9909

Other cars did not fare so well.

IMG_9917

The roads got better as the day went on.

IMG_9919

We also drove around a local wildlife refuge to soak up some snow-covered nature!

IMG_9924

It was beautiful and very few people had driven through so far.

IMG_9942

Out on the observation deck, we could see the ducks flying in.

IMG_9949

Snuggly self-portrait!

IMG_9950


IMG_0002

See the ducks? Mr Jones was in heaven.

IMG_0005

Mmm, to make a snowball or not, is there a question?

IMG_0006

Sloshing in the snow

IMG_0008

My mountain man!

I hope everyone had a great day, especially if you got to enjoy snowy weather like us!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Melissa said...

SO glad you enjoyed your snow day!!

Janelle - The Farmer's Wife said...

Send some snow our way...I am a teacher and I NEED a snow day! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!!!! Its so gorgeous.

Jamie said...

What beautiful snowy pictures! Love the one of the road :)

Jocelyn said...

Love the recipe, thank you! New follower because Caroline Kitchens told me about you! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)