Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 2/14/11

It's Valentine's Day!!! XOXO to you and yours!

I'm so excited about our plans this year. We are cooking at home! I can't wait. It's the perfect thing to do on this Monday v-day we have here. Here's what's on our menu for our sweetheart dinner:

menu - valentine's

I talked to Keith and we mutually agreed on all of these foods. It was a fun little planning session!

Warm Spinach Salad with Honey Pecan Dressing - This is my favorite dressing ever and I normally serve it over a spinach salad with fruit, but this time I want to wilt the spinach and serve with bacon, red onion and toasted pecans. We'll see how it turns out!

Result - Fabulous! I sauteed the red onions in a skillet with a bit of olive oil and poured over the spinach to wilt. It was delicious. 

Bacon-Wrapped Fillet Mignon - This is our main dish, and we love fillets. It's a treat to order at restaurant or make at home, so I'm excited.

Grilled Asparagus - One of our favorite things. We let ours sit in olive oil and kosher salt before grilling. They are divine!

Triple Cheese Macaroni - This is a Food Network recipe that sounds awesome. I can't wait to make it!

Verdict: Very good, but I think I'll use some 'stronger' cheeses next time. The crumb mixture was great.

Chocolate Strawberry Galette - In our brainstorming session, Keith said he wanted me to make one of my fruit galettes, but I wanted chocolate. I decided why not combine the two!? After some searching online, I think I'll follow this recipe pretty closely from Shared Sugar. It looks beautiful and sounds delicious! YUM.

Result: Excellent! I posted the recipe here.


And, we still have the rest of the week to think about! Here's what's on the agenda:

menu 2-14

Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin - I actually made this for dinner tonight and it was one of the easiest things I've ever made. It tasted pretty good, too! Recipe is found here from Taste of Home.

Berry Chicken Salad - I'll have extra spinach on hand from Valentine's Day and this salad sounds extra delicious. Recipe also from Taste of Home.

Outcome: Wonderful! Click here to read about how I made it.

Roasted Corn and Goat Cheese Quesadillas (with Chicken) - These 'dillas are amazing, and I'll have goat cheese from the previous night's salad, and will cook some extra chicken to throw in there, too, so the Mr will love them even more. Here is the recipe I posted a while back.

Result: Better than ever! I used a Roasted Corn salsa that had a tangy flavor. I think I'll continue to swap in more exciting salsas than the regular verde.

Creamy Jambalaya Pasta - I can't wait to make this again. The recipe comes from Steph at Plain Chicken. It's so good! Click here to get it.


Whew, sounds like a very busy week in our kitchen!

7 responses. Leave a Comment!:

jenn from midlife modern said...

I think we share the same taste buds. All of your recipe choices sound right up my alley!

Shari said...

Sounds like a great Vday dinner. Enjoy it - Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy V Day Kendo!
Do you know that my family {and Dal's} are ALWAYS cooking recipes from your blog? Pretty much your famous in my family.
Ha! Thought I'd share and enjoy your yummy meal!
Anna says "hi" and that you guys need to meet very soon!

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

New follower here! All of your choices look amazing! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Your Valentine's meal sounds so yummy!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Unknown said...

I've made the pasta from Plain Chicken! It's amazing!

Alana said...

I love your choice of recipes. These quesadillas are one of my favorites!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)