Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Honey Pecan Salad Dressing!

One of the many joys of wedded bliss is to have and use awesome new shiny wedding presents. Yes, we've been married for 244 days (who's counting? my knot.com page apparently), but that doesn't mean that we have used all of the wonderful items we were given. There are some days that I go into our storage closet under the stairs and pull out something that's still in the box it came in. It's like Christmas for me!
Well, last night I was getting ready to make my favorite salad dressing (recipe to follow), and I didn't feel like hoisting out our massive blender to only make 2 cups worth of liquid. I hate cleaning the darn thing. So, I dug out the hand immersion blender we were given. It's a Cuisinart, and I love their gadgets:

I'd never seen one in action or used one myself. I snapped it all together and dunked it into the mixture and it was really fun to use! I made Keith come see it. He didn't really care- surprise? Either way, I had fun with it. I wanted to find something else to blend, but I'll save it for another day.

Anyway- here's my favorite dressing recipe. We could drink this stuff:

Honey Pecan Dressing (Southern Living)

click here for printer-friendly version

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Preparation

Pulse first 6 ingredients in a blender 2 to 3 times until blended. With blender running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream; process until smooth. Stir in pecans.

Fruit Salad with Honey-Pecan Dressing: Arrange fresh orange and grapefruit sections, sliced avocado, and sliced strawberries over Bibb lettuce leaves; drizzle with dressing.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)