Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Bacon and Goat Chese Stuffed Chicken

Goat cheese. I can't get enough of it right now!

IMG_0385

This is a delicious chicken dish that I know we'll be making over and over again! The recipe comes from Cooking Light and is very easy.

Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 chopped green onions
2 slices bacon, crumbled
3 oz goat cheese
Salt & pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
Cooking Spray

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine green onions, goat cheese, and bacon. Cut a 1-inch-wide slit into the thick end of chicken breast halves, and carefully cut down to center of chicken to form a pocket. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pockets. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes; let stand 5 minutes.

I served this with a salad of mixed greens, crutons, parmesan cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, and a side of grapes. It was wonderful!! 



PS - I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

I too can't get enough of goat cheese! This chicken looks great. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said...

This look great...my husband won't eat feta, goat, or blue cheese :( I love them all. I am going to make this for myself though.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Kendall - this sounds AMAZING! Bacon + onions + goat cheese? Yes please! I will definitely try this. Thank you for linking up!
Alissa

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)