Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Friday! It's 5:00 somewhere, right?

wine fridays

I'm a little behind on my post today, but I'm looking forward to ending the work week with a glass of vino. Here's a good cab that comes in a cute bottle, too!

cupcakecabernet

Cupcake Vineyards - Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2008
Origin: California
Average price: $10
Wine Maker Notes: Cupcake vineyard works hard to craft the richest, smoothest and elegantly-textured wines. This full-bodied cabernet sauvignon shows soft tannins, with primary fruit flavors of blackberry, dark cherry and cassis. These levels of dark fruits melt with the tastes of cocoa and toasty oak and ends with a long, smooth and silky finish. Serve with venison glazed with a Cabernet Sauvignon sauce or baked brie drizzled with honey.
This is good, not necessarily my favorite cab, but satisfying and enjoyable. Cheers!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

I've been wanting to try this brand! The label is so cute and I just love the name.

Anonymous said...

I love cupcake brand!! :)

Jocelyn said...

Cupcake is one of my favorite brands!

Stephanie said...

Love Cupcake wines, especially the Pinot!

Meredith said...

LOVE Cupcake!! Pinot Nior is my fave!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)