Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 2/21/11

Happy Monday! And if you're lucky enough to be off today, Happy President's Day! I am working, but my clients are off, so things are more quiet than normal and I'm getting so caught up!

Here's what we have on our menu this week:

menu 2-21

Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken - I made this Cooking Light recipe last night and loved it! I've blogged about it in this post.

Ginger Steak Salad - One of our very favorite salads to make! The recipe comes from the amazing Pioneer Woman, and it's absolutely delicious.

Sesame Ginger Chicken - This is a new recipe for me to try from Pillsbury. It involves using a slow cooker. I have only ever made ONE dinner in our slow cooker and had a terrible experience, so I'm giving it a go again! I am embarrassed to say that I let that one experience ruin my image of the almighty crock, so here's hoping this will redeem it!

Result - Loved it! Posted about it here.

Seafood Cakes with Mustard Crema - Well, my goodness these sound so good. I've had the recipe torn out of a Cooking Light magazine for a while now. Time to give them a whirl! They sound incredibly easy.

Verdict - Fantastic! Click here to read my post on it.

Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Cream - I posted this yummy dish back in December. I made it again last night and split into two pans. A friend at work and his wife just had a new baby, so I put together a little care package for them. This is a great make-ahead or freeze-for-later dish.

Chocolate Mousse - I made this Joy of Baking recipe for New Year's Eve a few years ago and made it again last night. I put two servings in my care package and put two aside in the fridge for us to enjoy tonight. I've also got raspberries to serve with it. Mmmmm!

I hope you have a great week!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jocelyn said...

Omg -- these all look amazing! Thank you for sharing!!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I don't know which of these recipes I'm most excited to hear about? They all sound great!

Good luck with your slow-cooker recipe! I love my slow-cooker!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)