Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 1/16/12

I am in baking mode. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I'm gonna have to balance the cups of sugar and butter with some gym time! I have been obsessing over cookies lately and would love to make a new batch every other day. So, to stop the cookie madness, I fixated on brownies yesterday and will be making bread today. Not exactly a shift in the right direction, but ehhh, whatever!

Here's what's on the menu at our house this week!

mosaic82bf9f2df0b66d1c8d4bf2006881d4f1bbcf6ae8

From top left:

Classic-Fudge Walnut Brownies - This is a Cooking Light recipe that I made yesterday. The January/February issue of the magazine claimed it was the best chocolate recipe in their 25 years of publishing. I must say, it was pretty fantastic! Post coming soon with my photos!

Update: Click here for my post - yum!

Glazed Strawberry Banana Bread - What do you do with leftover strawberries and bananas that are going bad? You make this bread, duh. I posted this recipe last year, and today is a great time to make it again. I love three day weekends and the extra time for baking!

Sesame-Ginger Slow Cooker Chicken - This is my most popular recipe on Pinterest for some reason. It is all over the place! I remember it being pretty darn tasty, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite dish on the blog. Who knows why it's so popular with pinners?! I've decided to make it again this week and serve with jasmine rice. Click here for my post with the recipe.

Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus and Pesto - I recently bought some packaged gnocchi and wanted to find a creative way to serve it. This Cooking Light recipe should be pretty good! Sounds quick and easy for a night after hitting the gym.

Verdict: Delicious!! Recipe post can be found here.

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast - This is a Pinterest find that I'm excited to try from Six Sisters' Stuff. I can't believe I'm using my slow cooker twice this week. I never use it, and I have no idea why! I'll be serving this with mashed potatoes and sweet and sour carrots.

Result: Average. The pork was great, but Keith and I agreed that the sauce was pretty weird. I won't make again.


What recipe sounds the best to you?

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Caroline said...

Can't wait to hear how the honey pork roast is. Yum!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I love my slow cooker and I'm always looking for new dishes to cook in it, so I'm excited to hear about the new slow cooker recipe! Happy 3 day weekend!

Shari said...

As usual, everything sounds awesome. I think I may have to make that gnocchi this week (or next). Thanks for sharing that. Cooking Light is the best.

Kasey Lynne said...

Mmmm I'm definitely going to try out that Gnocchi recipe. It looks delicious!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)