Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Cabernet Sauvignon

Happy Friday! This is an especially good way to end the week as it kicks off a 3 day weekend for me! Are you off on Monday for MLK Day? The weather here is pretty chilly, so I envision some comfort food, movies and wine this weekend!

wine fridays

This week's wine hit the spot tonight when I came home late from work. When you don't make it home until 8 o'clock, a glass of wine is definitely in order! My sweet husband had Italian take-out waiting on me and this Cab paired perfectly with it. I am enjoying glass number 2 as I type this post, and snacking on small piece of Dove dark chocolate. Life is good!

large-Windmill_Cab

Windmill Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2008
Origin: Lodi, CA
Average Price: $12
About the wine: This is another San Francisco wine that is quite good. This come from the same company of wines as 7 Deadly Zins, another favorite of mine. This would pair well with some Memphis pulled pork, or a hearty pasta. Right now, mine tastes pretty darn good just as it is.

Windmill-2008-Cabernet

Let me know if you give this one a try!


0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)