Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Giveaway: Cooking Light - The Complete Quick Cook

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was great, aside from having the stomach virus starting in the wee hours of Sunday morning. It's still got me down and out, but things are looking better! Hence, no Menu Monday today. The last thing I wanted to do yesterday was think about food or plan a menu! But, I couldn't leave you guys hanging....

I just reached 400 followers this weekend, so that means it's time for a giveaway! I have done my own giveaways at the 200 and 300 mark, and it's just so much fun. I couldn't wait to do another one! So here's what's up for grabs:

Screen shot 2012-01-29 at 10.10.35 PM

Cooking Light - The Complete Quick Cook: A Practical Guide to Smart, Fast Home Cooking

Created with the time-pressed cook in mind, Cooking Light The Complete Quick Cook is about tasty, good-for-you food, made quickly and easily. With this cookbook in hand, readers will be armed with strategic ways to cook smarter, make the most of their precious time, and--best of all--ensure readers' efforts deliver incredibly delightful dishes day after day. Readers will find simple procedures, realistic quick prep times, and useful kitchen tips. Unlike the competition, every recipe has a short ingredient list and straightforward, easy-to-follow instructions along with ingredient information and tips on preparation, cooking, and storage.

Features Include:
  • The Top Ten Secrets of a Quick Cook
  • Over 200 recipes that can be prepared in under 30 minutes
  • Even Faster: easy tips within the recipes for making that particular recipe even faster!
  • On the Side: short sentence recipes for super-quick side dish ideas
  • Savvy in a Snap: ingredient spotlights of where to find certain ingredients and how to use them

This sounds right up my alley!! I really love Cooking Light and some of the very best recipes we've tried have come from their books and magazines. I've decided to order one of these for myself, too. So, if you'd like a chance to get one of these cookbooks, here's how to enter:

Leave a comment telling me how often you cook! Are you an every-night of the week cook, a weekend chef, or once or twice if you can find the time? 

I'm hoping this handy cookbook will inspire one of my readers to cook more often :) So - comment away! And, become a follower over on the right, if you are not already!

Giveaway ends Thursday 2/2 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winner will be announced in my Wine Friday post!

    56 responses. Leave a Comment!:

    Rachel said...

    I've been searching for a new cookbook and this one looks like it may be just perfect! I love Cooking Light recipes!

    I follow you :)

    I cook once a week, twice if I'm lucky. I want to cook more, though! That's one of my New Year's resolutions, and so far, 2012 has been a good year for cooking! Let's see if I can keep it up!

    Ashley Voyles said...

    Ah this book sounds great! I cook at least 3 nights during the week, the other nights are for leftovers, plus once on the weekend! Would love to add this cookbook to my collection. :)

    Kelly said...

    I try and cook three time a week and eat the leftovers the other days.

    Michelle said...

    I usually cook 3-4 times a week. Most of my recipes have about four servings, so it's easy to rely on leftovers the other nights!

    Anonymous said...

    I cook 5 nights a week and leave the weekends for going out to eat!

    Holly said...

    I try to cook Sunday-Thursday and then just bake on the weekends. My husband and I like totally different foods, so maybe a cooking magazine will help us out. :)

    Anonymous said...

    I try to cook at least once a week. As a singelton with a full-time job and grad school, PB&J are about as good as it gets...

    Anonymous said...

    This is an awesome giveaway and would LOVE to win! :) I usually cook5 out of the seven nights. Friday and Saturdays are usually are eat out/grab something quick nights.

    Kathryn P said...

    I try to cook every week night .... doesn't always happen but the effort is there!

    Elizabeth Cheek said...

    Every night--maybe one off! e

    Liz Sherrod said...

    Once or twice a week. When I have the time I really love to do it - wish I had the time to do it more.

    Jill said...

    Ohh I've been looking at getting a subscription- so this cookbook would be awesome! I cook Sunday-Thursday at home, then we eat out Friday & Saturday!

    Annie said...

    I am a couple times a week cooker, but I love coming to your blog to get recipes and wine recs when I do decide to cook!

    Courtney said...

    I am a weekend cooker, and live off the leftovers for the rest of the week since I am still in grad school. I have used several of your recipes and love them! This cookbook looks great!

    Ashley and Ben Barr said...

    I absolutely LOVE cookinglight! It has educated me on so many healthy eating and living topics and has transformed the way I cook. I cook everyday and cookinglight is definitely my main source of inspiration!

    Thanks for doing the giveaway!

    Jessica said...

    I try for about 3 nights a week. Love your recipes!!

    alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

    Congrats on 400! I would love to be an everynight cook but usually I only cook on the weekends. Great giveaway!

    Nicole said...

    Hi Kendall! I usually cool 5-6 days out of the week :)

    Nicole said...

    Sorry, I meant COOK!

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats on 400, Kendall! I would love to cook every night, but only cook once or twice a week!

    Katie

    Unknown said...

    I love to cook but because I work full time, and my husband's a stay-at-home-dad, we split cooking turns evenly. I do most of the cooking on the weekends but would love to get back in the game during our busy week!

    Candy Dunaway said...

    I am lucky..my mom and dad live in our pool house, so I cook 2 days and she cooks 2 days during the week. Fridays, we eat out. Weekends vary, depending on whether our kids are home or at their friends' houses. Love your blog, by the way. Congrats on #400!!

    The Laceys said...

    I cook two or three times a week and then we eat leftovers the other nights. I would love this cookbook!

    According to Jax said...

    Oh Oh, pick me, pick me!! I cook atleast 3 days a week but would love to cook alot more!! Happy 400!! :)

    Desi said...

    I try to be an every night cook, but we get lazy some days. So I'd say like 4 nights out of the week or more :)

    Anonymous said...

    thanks for the giveaway, kendall! congrats on 400 followers!

    i try to cook 4-5 nights a week. i've found that eating-in is a huge help when trying to eat healthy, too! yay for 2012 resolutions!

    Unknown said...

    I generally cook every night, unless it's somebody's birthday and then we will go out for dinner. Your blog is one of my favorites for finding delicious recipes. Thanks!

    abarel said...

    I try to cook at least 4 nights a week. It doesn't always work out but my Cooking Light subscription does help to inspire me! By the way, good job for representing the Arkansas folks! (I'm from Little Rock)

    Mollie said...

    You are such an inspiration to everyone that reads your blog!!
    I cook five times a week, and the other two days are either left overs or a night out.

    Katy said...

    Congratulations Kendall!!

    I try to cook meals for the rest of the week and lunches all on one night of the week (usually on Mondays). I'm a marathoner! And then I like to cook every meal on the weekends (breakfast being my FAV to cook)!!!

    Shari said...

    Sounds like a great giveaway! Yay for reaching 400. :)

    Colleen Sullivan said...

    Before the baby I was a cook (almost) every night kind of woman. We'd go out to dinner once a week and maybe get something from a take out place but I did most of the cooking. Since the baby has been born I've only "cooked" once, which consisted of boiling pasta and heat pasta sauce.

    Anonymous said...

    I'd love to win! My hubby is in dental school too and we have 2 kiddos. I try to cook at home way more than I used to because of the new budget, but sometimes life just gets in the way. ha! I successfully cook at home 2-4x a week and then we try to eat the leftovers. I need easy, tasty, healthy, and quick meals which can be hard to pull off sometimes. :)

    Carrie

    Holly said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Holly said...

    Love Cooking Light! I like to cook 3 to 4 times a week but now that I am pregnant, I have not been cooking much because the smells bother me! Hopefully have will change soon. Congrats on 400 followers!

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats on all the followers!! :)

    I cook when I can, which is a few times a week. I love to try new recipes, especially some of those you post!

    Rachel Martin said...

    LOVE your blog Kendall! Unfortunately I just moved into a place in Kansas City with a tiiiiiiiny kitchen, I'm talking convection over style, so cooking has gone to the way side. I would love to start trying new recipes that are a little simpler (for my simple kitchen) and also healthy. Cooking light would be wonderful!

    Nan said...

    I plan to cook 4 meals per week. I have loved everything I tried from your blog!

    Stacy said...

    I wish I could cook every night! :( But when I do I love to try new recipes! Love your blog Kendall!

    Anonymous said...

    I usually cook during the week, but not weekends! Love to look at cook books and try new recipes!

    All About the Armes' said...

    I would love this book! I usually cook 2-3 times a week....Love cooking & love going out & trying new restaurants, too! :o) Thanks for offering the giveaway, & I hope you feel much better soon!

    brenda b said...

    i cook every day but also eating out
    i live alone and need to eat healty for my
    heart,since i had heart surgery 6 years ago
    saw your posting on my daughters blod
    she keeping as one of her fav's

    Unknown said...

    I used to cook all the time....but life has become busier and so cooking less. I LOVE to cook though so I can't wait until I have more time for it!

    Chere Toland said...

    I am the 3-4 night a week cook. The weekdays consist of quick meals, but the last few weekends, I have cooked recipes that I have pinned on Pinterest!

    Lauren said...

    I work full time and I have a 3 year old, so dinner has to be fast and easy! I usually cook about 4 times a week, leftovers 1 night, and then we eat out 2 nights.

    Brooke said...

    I am a stay-at-home mom so most weeks I cook Sunday through Thursday. We usually eat out with friends over the weekend, which is a nice break.

    Michelle said...

    I cook maybe once a week! I'm trying to cook more and more healthy so new recipe ideas would be awesome! Thanks!

    Anonymous said...

    I cook once or twice a week, but wish I could more! Thanks!! Camille Cook

    Anonymous said...

    I try to cook three nights a week, but with my husband and I both being teachers and involved in bible studies Tuesday nights and Wednesday nights, there aren't many nights to get together a cook.

    Leslie said...

    I like cooking. But right now, with a new baby, it only happens a couple times each week.

    Laura Healy said...

    I cook 6 nights a week - working full time and 4 daughters who all participate in soccer, lacrosse, basketball and ccd -it's not easy but really enjoy it! Love the New Blog Design!

    Kelly M said...

    I cook pretty much every night of the week. Exceptions being when there are too many leftovers or if there's an event that requires us to be away from home during the dinner hour.

    Tracy said...

    I cook Monday through Thursday and use the weekends to look for new recipes for the coming week.

    Sara said...

    I usually cook 3 or 4 nights a week and use the other nights for leftovers or easy things to fix like cereal :)

    AM said...

    I cook about 3-4 times a week. I love your blog!

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

    I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)