Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Shrimp Stuffed Shells and Creamed Spinach

I have found a new favorite recipe for Mr Jones! This pasta dish was a huge hit, and the leftovers were just as good. In fact, we sort-of fought about who got to eat them :)

This is a Cooking Light recipe, which makes it even better. I don't know if you've seen the January/February issue, but it is fantastic. I probably dog-eared every other recipe! I altered the recipe slightly based on what I had, what was available at my store, etc. I also made a side dish of Creamed Spinach that paired perfectly with it. These are great to make together as some ingredients are shared. Both recipes are below......so, MAKE THIS MEAL! :)

IMG_3370

Shrimp Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:
18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about half of a 16 oz box)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped shallots
2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
1/2 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped (I had 10 oz and it was enough)
1 tablespoon corn starch
Cooking spray
3 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce, divided
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese


Preheat oven to 400.

Cook pasta 7 minutes or until almost al dente, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.

Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese, milk, and pepper; cook until cheese melts, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley. Place shrimp in a bowl. Sprinkle with corn starch; toss well to coat. Add cream cheese mixture to shrimp; toss well.

Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; spread 1 cup marinara over bottom of dish. Divide shrimp mixture evenly among pasta shells. Arrange shells in prepared dish; top with remaining 2 cups marinara. Sprinkle shells evenly with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until shrimp is done. Sprinkle with more parsley or basil.


**If you are not a fan of marina, I am confidant that Alfredo would be just as delicious!

IMG_3369

Creamed Spinach

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
Cooking spray
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine milk and flour, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.

Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in milk mixture; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until smooth; cook 1 minute.


Enjoy!




7 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

We love stuffed shells! These ones with the shrimp look so good!

Shari said...

Yum! This looks amazing. Definitely bookmarking this one. :)

Anonymous said...

Kendall, I absolutely adore you!! You are a complete doll, and please please don't be offended, but...you should really change your header. Sorry, but it looks a little "country". You are so much more sophisticated than your header indicates! Love you sweetie :)))))

Sara Landreneau Kleinpeter said...

This looks delicious but my husband is not a fan of marinara sauce. Can I sub the marinara with Alfredo?

Kendall Jones said...

Alfredo would be fantastic!

Mollie said...

I made both of these tonight, and they were DELICIOUS!!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I made the shells last night for dinner and they were SO good! I followed the measurements loosely because I was in a rush and it was still excellent!

Thanks for sharing this recipe :) I never would have tried something like this on my own.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)