Have you made fish in a foil packet? I had not. Not sure why I've waited so long! It's super easy and the clean up is a cinch.
Here's a salmon packet recipe from Food Network Magazine's cookbook Great Easy Meals. It was very simple to make and the ingredients list was not long.
Salmon Packet with Corn, Cherry Tomatoes and Citrus-Basil Oil
Ingredients
4 6-ounce skinless salmon filets
2 cups fresh corn kernels
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
10 basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp orange juice
pinch of sugar
pinch of salt
white wine
Preheat oven to 450. Lay out a large sheet of heavy-duty foil for each packet. Mound 1/2 cup of corn and 1/2 cup of tomatoes in the center of each packet. Season with salt and pepper.
Put a fish fillet or portion of seafood of on top of the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Add a splash of white wine (or water), then fold up the ends of the foil and seal into packets, leaving room inside for steam.
(before wrapping up)
Put the packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven - set timer for 12 minutes.
Puree the basil with 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 Tbsp orange juice and a pinch each of sugar and salt in a blender.
When packets come out of oven, let sit for about 5 minutes, then carefully open the packets and add the citrus-basil oil.









0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)