Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 7/25/11

Happy Monday!

I hope your first day of the week has been going well for you. It's thundering now and the rain is coming down. After all of this heat, I'm so happy for some rain! I'm also still very much in a summer cooking mode and just can't get enough of the fresh veggies. Take a look at this week's menu:

mosaic25ac2bc366ce5abef1b9c8a52313ffe9d08e029e

From top left:

Summer Squash, Bacon and Mozzarella Quiche: I still have an excess of squash and zucchini on my hands. This Cooking Light recipe for quiche sounds amazing! I'm going to simplify for our weeknight meal by using a Pillsbury crust. 

Banana, Strawberry and Orange Muffins: This recipe comes from FortheLoveofCooking.com - I love Pam's recipes! I've got all the ingredients for these on hand so this will make a perfect side to our breakfast-for-dinner quiche and be handy to have for mornings on-the-go the rest of the week.

Thai Turkey Burgers: Y'all. We've made these burgers before and they were fantastic! I had full intentions of taking photos and posting about them the first time, but I burnt my hand that night and had to soak it in water the whole time we ate. This recipe comes from a Better Homes & Gardens Special Interest Publication (my favorite kind!) called Sunday Dinners. Those S.I.P. magazine recipes are usually not online, so I'll be sure and blog about this one for you! Image from the magazine- snapped on my phone.

Fresh Corn Salad: This is a side that goes great with the burgers. I'll be posting this recipe, too, later this week. Source is the same Sunday Dinners mag. You can see my note written in the magazine in the photo above. If I didn't do that, I'd never remember my thoughts on recipes!

Easy Creole Shrimp: I've posted about this Kraft recipe many a time. It's one of our very favorite fast shrimp meals. It has excellent flavor and you will just love how quick this comes together- 10 minutes! Click here from my post with the recipe.


What sounds the best to you?
Oh, and PS - want to know how things have turned out for my last few menus? Click here and here to view the results.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)