Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 7/11/11

Menu Monday is ba-aaaack!! Things are starting to return to normal at the Jones home (2011 has been stupid busy so far), so I'm getting back in my blogging groove and reviving Menu Monday as a weekly post. I'm excited - I've missed doing it! Watch out, Wine Friday may be making an appearance this week, too :)

Here's what's happening in our kitchen this week:

mosaic3e49d35e1280ce2890155c33c181d38a986f2c53
Image Credits: all are my own except:
Napa Cabbage- recipebridge.com, Salmon- myrecipes.com, Shrimp- simplygluten-free.com, Pie- foodnetwork.com


From top left:

Creamy Ravioli with Squash, Lemon and Chives - WOW. I made this pasta for dinner last night and it was divine!! I'll be posting the full recipe with photos this week, but this is super easy and a new favorite of ours. Source: Real Simple

Result: A big HIT! Sounds like lots of other folks have been inspired to make it, too! Click here for my post with recipe.

Sweet BBQ Chicken Pineapple Kabobs - We are having friends over tomorrow night to grill out and we're going to make these yummy kabobs. I bought two fresh pineapples and can't wait to slice them up and skewer! Click here to get the recipe (posted last summer).

Verdict: We didn't have leftovers, so I take that as a good sign!

Chinese Napa Cabbage Slaw - As a side dish to our kabobs, I'm making this delicious salad/slaw that my mother, grandmother and aunt have been making for years. It is soooo light and tasty. I'll try to remember to snap a good picture of my version and post the full recipe.

Thoughts: Always a crowd-pleaser, this is on my list of recipes to-post!

Blueberry Peach Galette - This is one of my favorite desserts to make. It couldn't be any easier. I'm making it this week for our friends since I have a ton of fresh peaches I picked up from a fruit stand. Click here to get my recipe (posted one year ago).

Outcome: Really good, and really easy. I prepared the fruit mixture ahead of time to make it easier the night I was entertaining.

Foil-Packed Salmon with Corn, Cherry Tomatoes and Citrus-Basil Oil - This is a Food Network Magazine Cookbook (Great Easy Meals) recipe. The picture above is the closest thing I could find when I did a search, but I'll be making this dish in a foil packet. I bought some fabulous fresh salmon at the grocery store and can't wait to give this a try! I'll take pics if it turns out as wonderful as I expect.

Result: YUMMY! This was very light and healthy tasting. Here is my post with the recipe.

Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce - I have a Taste of Home recipe set aside to try that seems pretty simple to whip up. I couldn't find it online when searching, so if it's good, I'll be posting for you!

Outcome: Fantastic!! Click here for recipe.

Strawberry Crumb Pie - I can't wait to make this!! I tore it out of Food Network Magazine and put it up on my fridge- it's been staring me in the face every time I get a drink. So, I'm finally giving in. Click here to see the Emeril recipe.

Thoughts: Divine! I did make the recipe a little more simple, so check it out here.

So, which dish above sounds the best to you!?

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

emilybuckingham said...

I can't wait to see your recipe for the Chinese Napa Cabbage Slaw! There are so many variations of that, but when it's good - it's good! :)

Unknown said...

I am excited to try the Chicken Kebobs and Chinese Napa Cabbage Slaw, and the coconut shrimp and the salmon. LOL The desserts sound fabulous as well. Thank you for sharing all of your recipes with us Kendall.

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

My husband ripped out the same Strawberry Crumb Pie and has been asking me to make it for weeks. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)