Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 3/7/11

Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Ours was relaxing and low-key. It's good to have those every now and then!

I'm excited about the menu this week, especially since Fat Tuesday is on the calendar! I LOVE Cajun food and King Cake, so once again I'll be making some good food to celebrate Mardi Gras with friends.

menu 3-7

From Top Left:

Spinach-Apple Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette - Keith picked out this salad from one of my recipe binders. We're having it for dinner tonight after we hit the gym. We're planning to add some grilled chicken to it.

Result: OMG, fantastic! Click here to see my post on it.

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo - This is a quick and easy gumbo and really good! I posted the recipe here last year.

King Cake - Yum. I just love these. I was really proud of making one from scratch last year and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Click here to see my recipe. It's time intensive, but really easy and so delicious!

Asian Lettuce Cups - This is one of our very favorite recipes from Cooking Light. It's fantastic! Click here to get the recipe.

Speaking of Fat Tuesday, it's also the beginning of Lent. I had never given up anything for Lent before until last year. I chose sodas (all with caffeine). I'm proud to say that after Lent I didn't pick them back up! So, it's been a year since I've had a Coke or Dr Pepper; I can't believe I've gone so long! I feel so much better without them. There's been a few times where Keith has poured one over ice and it just looked so amazing. So, I've tasted a soda a couple of times, and all it reminded me of was syrup! I wonder what I'll attempt this year and if I'll have as much success!? We'll see.

Have a great week!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)