Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 3/21/11

Happy Monday (end of Monday now :)!

After not doing much cooking last week and being out of town over the weekend, I was so excited to get back in the kitchen! Eating out is fun, but after a while it makes me feel gross and unhealthy. So, this week's Menu Monday is full of produce! My trip to the grocery store was pretty easy yesterday; I only had to go down 3 aisles. The best stuff is around the 'outside' anyway.

Menu

From top left:

Pepper-Jack Chicken with Succotash - Recipe is from Food Network Magazine and I posted about it yesterday -mmm mmm good!

Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa - I'm looking forward to making this Pampered Chef recipe, especially because it involves grilling some fresh pineapple, yum!

Result: SPICY! Wow, the flavors in this were overbearing to us. The salsa was just too spicy. So, I'm not going to post the recipe here, because I don't plan to make it again! It was worth it just to grill a fresh pineapple though :)

Roasted Sesame Pork Tenderloin with Asian Slaw - This Southern Living recipe from March looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it.

Outcome: Loved it!!!! Get the recipe in my post here.

Salsa Chicken Salad - This is a recipe from mixingbowl.com that I really like. I've posted the recipe on the blog before - click here to get it!

Along with this 'healthier' menu is a re-focus on getting back in the gym for me. Keith is great about it (sometimes going in the morning and evening - geez), but I'm not great at the morning thing and it's difficult to leave the office in time for the evening classes. But, I'm re-prioritizing and making it a goal to get back to my regular gym habit - no excuses! Wish me luck :)

Have a great week!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

everything looks INCREDIBLE! :-) Can't wait to try out the pepper jack chicken!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Can't wait to see the tilapia recipe! I have tons of tilapia that is ready to be cooked!

Jocelyn said...

Yumm, sounds delicious! We love tilapia, so we will have to try it with the pineapple!

Meredith Pettigrew said...

Kendo, I made the seasme pork from Southern Living and it is a winner. The slaw was my favorite. Yall will like it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)