Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 3/28/11

Happy Monday!

I don't know about you, but I used this weekend to re-charge my batteries. The lousy weather was a-okay with us. We caught up on laundry, sleep and relaxation. We cleaned out closets, snuggled and cooked. It was glorious!

Now, it's time to start a new week...and a new menu!

Menu 3-28-11

From top left:

Spaghetti - Last night, I made a big pot of homemade spaghetti for Keith's family. We had such a great dinner and enjoyed our time together even more. I'm perfecting the sauce recipe more and more. Once I get it just right, I'll share it!

Raspberry Truffle Brownies - I made these yesterday, too. They were great! The recipe and photo is from Tablespoon (via girlwhoateeverything). I've got photos, the recipe and my comments to share this week!

Get the recipe for the brownies here!

Chicken, Apple and Smoked Gouda Salad - This is a Southern Living recipe that I'm looking forward to trying. The website doesn't have a photo, so I'm borrowing abountifulkitchen.com's photo since they have made it before. Sounds like it's going to be great!

See my post all about it here.

Sesame-Soy Meatballs - This Cooking Light recipe sounds pretty darn delicious. It will definitely be something new and different for us to try!

Result: Good, and easy. We like them, but decided they definitely need SAUCE. They're screaming for it. So, I'll make this again soon and add a sauce to it, and if it tastes awesome I'll post it all here on the blog.

Crab and Grilled Corn Salad with Manchego and Cracked Pepper Breadsticks - Gosh, I have been meaning to make this forever. It just looks SO appetizing! Can't wait to see how it turns out. It's another Cooking Light creation.

Verdict: Okay. These tasted good, but not great and certainly not memorable. We did love the breadsticks though. That was the best part! However, I probably won't make the salad recipe ever again.


I'm looking forward to all of these new dishes and sharing the best ones with you throughout the week!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Rachael Wright Jones said...

Perfect weather for that kind of weekend!

Yumm Crab and Grilled Corn Salad?!

Unknown said...

They all look great! Let us know how they turn out.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)