Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Melon Salsa

Fruity, fresh and delicious.

IMG_0468

This was our dinner tonight and we loved it! It's a Cooking Light recipe from last summer, and it was so refreshing. Very simple and healthy. I made a few alterations (mostly out of necessity), so below is the recipe!

Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Melon Salsa

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped honeydew melon (my store didn't have any today, so I did without it)
1 cup chopped cantaloupe
1/2 cup grapefruit segments (my addition! and the pink color looks great)
1/2 cup diced peeled cucumber
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1 small lime, zested, and all juice from the lime you can squeeze out
1/2 of one jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 Tbsp sugar (versus the recommended agave nectar)
salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Cooking spray

Prepare salsa first by combining all ingredients through sugar.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Spray with cooking spray. Place on grill rack and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. (We did ours inside on a grill pan because the weather was kind-of chilly tonight)

Serve the salsa on top of the chicken. We also had some couscous seasoned with lemon pepper and it made for a great side. I did find myself wishing we had some Kings' Hawaiian bread rolls, too!

The salsa makes plenty and would be great on a number of other things (shrimp, quesadillas, etc.)

IMG_0470


Enjoy!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Unknown said...

What a perfect spring into spring meal!! :) Looks so good. I am going to have to try this soon! Thanks for sharing another yummy looking meals!
If you have not already, Please check out my blog for the giveaway I have going.
www.lettinglovegrow.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)