Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

All is right...


All is right in my world.  I have FINALLY seen my sister! 

And I have the photos to prove it :)

IMG_0101

This weekend was wonderful! We did a lot of relaxing and catching up. That was all any of us really wanted to do. When you've missed someone as much as I've missed my sister, a to-do list doesn't matter when you're finally together.

But, we weren't just sitting around staring at each other either! The weather was fabulous in Little Rock. So, we did a little bit of walking around downtown.

IMG_3416

The River Market

IMG_3403

The Little Rock skyline

IMG_3418

The Junction Bridge.
This was an old train bridge that was renovated for pedestrians a few years ago. I never managed to check it out while I worked in downtown Little Rock, so we took a stroll across.

IMG_3398

It's actually really cool!

IMG_3401


IMG_3412

It was also rather windy.

IMG_3415


We kept strolling further down the River Market and discovered the Game and Fish Commission visitor's center. Keith was in total HEAVEN.
IMG_3419

Stuff about birds, hunting, fishing. Tons of fish.

IMG_3423

Strange snapping turtle:
IMG_3425



What else did we do?

Cook.
And Eat.
 A lot.

Kitchen Stadium was lots of fun and I think my sister, Jennifer, won the competition hands-down. She doesn't even really use recipes. She just knows what to do with good ingredients. I'm not quite there yet, I'm a huge recipe follower!


IMG_3392
This was Thursday night's meal: chicken and veggie stir fry over jasmine rice.


IMG_3395
Friday's breakfast: a very good quiche with fresh veggies and some yummy goat cheese

Then, we just feasted on Saturday night.
Like kings.

IMG_3440
Asparagus ready for the grill!

IMG_3447
Classic shrimp

IMG_3452
I made a good salad with pecans, blueberries, mandarin oranges, red onion, avacado, dried cranberries, and the best part was the dressing. I make it all the time!


IMG_3454
Grilled mahi-mahi, asparagus, and ahi tuna. YUM!

IMG_3453
It. Was. Delish.


Oh, we made some drinks, too.


IMG_3431
Pomegranate Martinis!

IMG_0091
And, yes, they were as good as they look!
In our family, we like to call martinis 'smoothies,' if they're shaken, not stirred!

IMG_3444
Our mixologist!

IMG_3442
Iron Chef winner!


IMG_0072
Sweet JJ whips up something that's deliciously evil.



We took a few pics together to document the fun:

IMG_0068
Me and my cute mom! She had a peach martini.

IMG_0106
Goofing off

IMG_0107
The top 3 most beautiful women in the room. Definitely.
{inside joke reference to this}



What else did we do?

Laughed.
Watched YouTube videos.
Shopped for plants at Home Depot.
Went for walks.
Saw almost everyone in our family.
Video-chatted with my brother-in-law who is in Japan.
Laughed more.
Shared wine.
Talked about our wonderful family trips.
Talked about planning the next one.
Tried to convince mom and dad to get another dog.
Grazed on food like cows.
Hugged one billion times goodbye.

See you again, soon, JJ. Love you.

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

JJ said...

How did I get so lucky to have such an AMAZING sister? It is a treasure to share the rare and wonderful moments of time we have together... often in the kitchen... cooking... laughing... and of course EATING!

Let's not wait over a year to do it again!

Love you so much, Kendall!!!

Alexis Anderson said...

Looks like you girls had a blast! Food looks scrumptions.. and you are looking fabulous, my friend!

Also, great pics you took on the bridge! Quite the photographer, you are. :) XO

Jamie said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)