Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Mexican Roll-ups

Have you had little yummies like this before?

IMG_3358

You can make them a bunch of different ways. But, the way I did it this past weekend turned out fab! I just kept adding what felt right, so, here's the recipe:

Mexican Roll Ups
click here for printer-friendly version

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, chopped and drained
1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
6 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup salsa
About 3/4 cup finely shredded cheese (I used the Mexican blend)
8 (10 in) flour tortillas (I used spinach and sun-dried tomato to get the red and green)
    Double that for a big party.

    Mix all those items together in a bowl. It helps to heat the tortillas between two dampened paper towels in the microwave for about 40 seconds. This prevents them from cracking too much when you roll them up.

    I spread a layer on the tortilla and left extra room at the top, rolled up from the bottom and then wrapped in cling wrap, secured with a toothpick and put them all in a fridge for a few hours.

    The longer they are refrigerated, the easier they are to slice. Serve with salsa for dipping!


    IMG_3340

    These are extremely addictive!!

    1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

    Unknown said...

    I am totally going to try this. This looks yummy. Stopping by to tell you that I gave you an award http://www.gaffneysgabs.com/2010/03/another-award.html

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

    I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)