Here they are!
Roasted Tilapia with Orange Parsley Salsa
from Cooking Light
Recipe can be found here.
This had a really light and fresh taste. Quite good! The only alteration I made was to use a combo of regular oranges and little clementines, just because we had so many. It turned out pretty with the 2 shades of orange! And it was extremely easy.
Crawfish Pies
from Kitchen Bellecious
Get the recipe here.
I didn't get my own picture, so I'm borrowing hers! These were VERY good. Keith and I love crawfish, so this was a nice change from the regular beef or chicken. I found the crawfish meat in a frozen package in the seafood freezer section. I just thawed it out and added it right in- so easy! It wasn't spicy, so don't be afraid of this recipe. Next time I think I'll kick it up a notch! One note about the recipe: I ended up needing part of a second pie crust, so I had 4 individual pies. This went nicely with a greens salad with tomatoes and ranch dressing.
Steak with Burgundy Mushroom Sauce
from The Pioneer Woman
(photo by PW)
Get this yummy recipe here.
Wow, this was so delicious! It felt like a steakhouse dinner at home! I used 4 small flat-iron steaks for mine, and that package was less than $5, so this was inexpensive.
(photo by PW)
Plus, the aroma was wonderful. I love cooking with wine! I served it along with a simple salad.
Chicken and Strawberries over Mixed Greens
from Cooking Light, 2001
Get the recipe here.
I didn't get a picture of the real deal, sorry! I made it one night after my step aerobics class last week and didn't feel like getting the camera out. But, it was really yummy. Keith even requested it again this week! I declined the request as I don't like to repeat that close together! Imagine that... :)
I think this will be a common dish at our house this summer when strawberries are really in season.
(this is a great one to subscribe to! i love practically everything in every issue!)
This was excellent!!!
Ingredients:
Around 1 lb of chicken, cut into small pieces
Over a cup of sliced carrot (1 & 1/4 cup is about what I had)
1 sliced red pepper
1 sliced yellow pepper
4-5 green onions
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (drained, if canned)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (drained, if canned)
1 egg white
1 tbsp dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Vegetable oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1-2 tablespoons minced ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Step 1 - Marinade Chicken
Whisk egg white, 1 tbsp dry sherry and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Toss with chicken, cover and refrigerate 1 hour
Step 2 - Prep Veggies and Sweet and Sour Sauce
While the chicken is marinating, cut up your veggies and set near the stove.
Mix the sauce by combining chicken broth, 2 tsp cornstarch, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and sesame oil. Whisk in a small bowl and set aside.
(Start your rice or noodles)
Step 3 - Stir Fry Chicken
Heat 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken (pieces only, not with marinade) and stir fry until cooked through. Remove as it starts to turn golden. Set on a plate with paper towels to drain. Discard the oil and wipe out the pan.
Step 4 - Stir Fry Veggies
Heat the pan over high heat 1-2 minutes. Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, ginger, 2 sliced green onions, and a pinch each of salt an sugar. Stir fry about 30 seconds.
Add the carrots first and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and stir fry until crisp tender.
Step 5- Put It All Together
Add the chicken back to the pan and the sauce and stir until sauce is thick, about 3 minutes. Garnish with remainder of green onions and sesame seeds.
Serve over rice or noodles. Yum!













1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Hey Kendall, just found your blog and love it! I am loving these recipes, I have been on the lookout for some new ones. I love tilapia, so I am going to be trying that one for sure! That sweet and sour one sounds yummy too! Following your blog and look forward to reading more!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)