Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Delicious! Who doesn't love lasagna?

IMG_9370

For some reason, I don't make lasagna enough. This recipe may have just changed my mind.

Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (from Southern Living)

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 8 oz containers chive-and-onion cream cheese
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 tsp seasoned pepper
3/4 tsp garlic salt
9 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
1 12 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
1 16 oz jar creamy Alfredo sauce (I bought Bertolli)
1 3 oz package shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper

IMG_9352

IMG_9354

Preheat the oven to 350. In a food processor, combine the drained red peppers, alfredo, shredded parmesan and red pepper flakes.

IMG_9355

Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

IMG_9357

This is yummy!

IMG_9359

In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, spinach, pepper and garlic salt. 

Lightly grease 11x7 inch baking dish.

IMG_9362

Layer dish with one-third red pepper sauce, 3 noodles...

IMG_9363

...one-third of spinach mixture and one-third cheese.

IMG_9364

Repeat twice to finish. Place on a baking sheet and bake, covered, for 50 to 55 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.

IMG_9369

It was different and fantastic!! We loved it, and the leftovers were popular, too!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Hannah Kennedy Howe said...

I'm having a group over for dinner on New Years, I think I might make this! Yum!

Rachel DeCarolis said...

Hi Kendall, this is my first time to comment (I'm not even sure how I came across your blog, but I'm so glad I did!) Just wanted to let you know that I made this lasagna last night for a dinner party and it was terrific! Everyone loved it. Thank you!!

Unknown said...

I'm getting hungry. But great ideas for dinners! Love your blog!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)