Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Holiday Cheer

We've been busy, busy, busy. I just love this crazy time of year! While the to-do lists never seem to go away, one thing I love is the extra excuse to socialize with friends. There is something going on every few days when the holidays are here. Here's what we've been up to lately:


To celebrate the end to Keith's 5th successfully completed semester in dental school, we attended an ugly sweater party downtown. It was quite humorous!

IMG_9301

Keith's mother is a wonderful resource for us. She seems to have (and keep) everything! So, we had a plethora of authentic holiday sweaters, turtlenecks, vests. jewelry and even leggings to choose from out of her stock of old trendy holiday wear.

IMG_9296

It was so funny to see Keith wear a woman's turtleneck and vest. It was tiny and hilarious!


IMG_9295

Stephen, Keith and Miles

IMG_9297

Miles MADE his sweater. I was totally impressed with his craftsmanship and use of fabric glue!

IMG_9298

Eddie from Christmas Vacation was there, too!
Only the best movie of all time :)

IMG_9299

Keith and Chip. Love that headband!

IMG_9303

Our good friends Ashley and Jaycob stopped by, too - they were celebrating her end of first semester in dental school and they just got engaged days ago!! We are SO excited for them!!!

In fact, we had them over for cocktails and appetizers this weekend to spend some quality time together!

IMG_9309

I love my Ash, buddies since age 5 or 6!

IMG_9326

We decided that even though it was just the 4 of us, we wanted to be stylish and fancy! It was a good excuse to bring out some crystal, silver and candles!

IMG_9320

My mother-in-law got these at an after-Christmas sale at Dillard's last year for me. Each of the 4 plates has a different design, and she got me a full set of 12 - wooohoooo!

IMG_9319

Sparkly deer make me happy.

IMG_9314

We enjoyed some shrimp cocktail in martini glasses...

IMG_9315

Bacon-wrapped water chesnuts with pineapple and teriyaki sauce. Oh, yum.


IMG_9317

To top off our appetizers, I made this chocolate cake recipe, but did individual servings in small bowls. It was just the right bite-size amount!

IMG_9330

But, the most delicious part of the whole evening was the divine chocolate martinis we mixed up. They were amazing! I made them with Godiva chocolate liqueur, vanilla vodka, creme de cacao, and half & half. Simply scrumptious!

IMG_9334

Ashley and I even put on some flannel PJs and we all listened to Christmas music, sang, danced, laughed, and stayed up way too late!


'Tis the season for fun with friends! :)

9 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful hostess! Love the Christmas sweaters.

fleming Fab 5 said...

Love the sweaters. I have been looking for Christmas dinnerware and not luck. What brand is your dinnerware. LOVE IT!!!!

Jamie said...

All the Christmas sweaters are SO funny!

What a fun and pretty get together with your friends!

Anonymous said...

I love that you brought out the fancy plates and things for a little get together... Looks like a fun night!!

Melissa said...

I love Keith's tacky outfit! And, I want the recipe for those chocolate martinis! Yum!

Jennifer said...

When are you NOT stylish and fancy??? :)

Colleen Sullivan said...

Those reindeer plates are beautiful!

Can you share your recipe for the martinis? I would love to make something like that for a Christmas party I am hosting this weekend. Do you think its something I could make ahead of time?

Cassandra said...

Yall looked super cute in the sweaters! and your an amazing hostess! Everything was so pretty!

Meri said...

I love the picture of the martini with the tree in the background- ahhh, christmas!
Also, the shrimp looks really nice how you arranged it! Nice job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)