Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Christmas Cookie Jars

I got a little crafty this week and made some cookie gifts for a few co-workers and friends.

IMG_9393

I love how they turned out!

IMG_9386

And I love any excuse to use my stamper :) On the back of the tag, I wrote the instructions for the cookies.

IMG_9388

Keith actually was sweet enough to pick up the fabric and ribbon for me while he was running errands one day. I think he did an awesome job!!

IMG_9383

I got the idea and recipe from Bakerella. She's just so fabulous!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal M&M Cookies - Gift in a Jar
click here for printer-friendly version

Here's what is in each layer:

1 and 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of cooking oats
3/4 cup holiday M&Ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
(Bakerella called for pecans to be added, but I didn't want them in the cookies, nor would they have fit in the jar!)

Here are the instructions to go with the mix:

Mix with 1 egg, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Shape into balls and place on greased cookie sheet (or covered with parchment paper). Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or so. Yum!

**Note: I made a batch of cookies for myself afterward and they were absolutely delicious. I had two men tell me they were the best cookies they'd ever had - whoa!!**

IMG_9379

They were quick and easy and turned out precious  - you could do them with M&Ms in any color for any occasion!


Happy holidays :)

10 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

I made these last week for my teacher friends too!

I left out the pecans because mine wouldn't fit either :)

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Colleen Sullivan said...

What a lovely gift! I bet they will taste just as great as they look!

Your hubby really did do a great job picking out the fabrics and ribbon!

Cassandra said...

aww! How cute! I LOVE THEM! I need one of those stamps! Where did you get yours?

Anonymous said...

I love them!! So cute. I know I'd love this as a present during the holidays.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend :)

Marian said...

These are perfect!! I'm in love:)

jenn from midlife modern said...

I made these too and everybody went nuts! Little do they know how easy they are. Love 'em! I really like the fabric you used (your husband picked out some good stuff!)

Meri said...

These turned out sooo cute! A nice jar of holiday cheer!

Plus, who wants to make sure their pantry is fully stocked before baking? Now they don't have to!

Kendall @LowerOakLawn said...

Adorable! And tasty. Great combo :)

Unknown said...

I love these too! They truely are the perfect gifts!! With a personal touch.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)