Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 12/12

Happy Monday!

Since Keith is out of school, and my week at work is looking to be pretty crazy, I've asked him to take the lead on dinner this week. He was excited to be in charge of picking out the menu! Here's what he selected:

Menu 12-12


Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - YUM! We made this Southern Living recipe for dinner tonight and had his younger brother and sister over. It was wonderful! I'll be doing a post with the recipe this week.

Result: Click Here for the recipe that I've posted!

Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice - I tore this out of the October issue of Cooking Light and it just sounds so good. We'll see!

Result: Good. The rice was the best part, but the chicken wasn't memorable. It was easy and tasted good, but not sure we'd make it again without making changes to the way the chicken is done. 

Pork Chops with Pepper Jelly Sauce - Keith was excited about this Southern Living recipe. I think he'll be making it by himself. We love pork chops, and really love red pepper jelly. The combo of the two should be great!

Verdict: YUM! This was a hit. It was really easy and tasted great! I love the simple ingredient list, too.

Sweet Potato Casserole - As a side for the pork chops, Keith has decided he really wants a sweet potato casserole. We'll be using a basic Southern Living recipe, but I can't find it anywhere online. We may also have a side of green beans or a salad.

Outcome: Great! I posted the recipe for you here.

Should be a great week! And I love that Keith picked these recipes. I'm excited for him to do the cooking, too!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

That chicken lasagna looks SO good! I love sweet potato casserole too :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kendo! I have a jar of red pepper jelly in the fridge that needed using- That pork chop recipe looks great!
Have a great week!

Colleen Sullivan said...

Sounds great! I just bought some red pepper jelly. I love it on cream cheese, but I bet it is SO good on pork chops.

I have such a hard time letting the hub's do the cooking, but it is always nice to have the extra help!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)