Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole can be done so many ways, and lately I've seen many recipes for unique twists on the dish. Keith and I were recently in the mood for the simple, classic, marshmallow-topped version and we looked to Southern Living for the basic recipe. I found it in my 'Comfort Food 2010' special publication, but it is nowhere to be found online.

IMG_9373

Sweet Potato Casserole (Southern Living)

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (we microwaved)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375. Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla; process until blended. Pour into a greased 11x7 baking dish.

Bake, covered, at 375 for 10 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted. Serve immediately.


It was easy and wonderful! I'm sure that has to do with all the butter, milk and sweet goodness that goes into it! Such a great, classic dish :)



Similar to this, I've made these Maple Sweet Potato Cups before, too. Also yummy!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Sara said...

I've been looking for a sweet potato casserole recipe to make for Christmas and I just found it! Looks delish!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)