I'm on a Garth Brooks high today! Yep, that's right, Garth. Maybe you've heard of him? If you're from the South and know anything about country music, you certainly do. If you're like me, you know every word to every song, too.
I grew up listening to his music. Memorizing it. Playing songs over and over again, on a cassette tape. To say I've been a fan my whole life is an understatement. So, when he announced that he would be doing a series of concerts to benefit the flood restoration in Nashville, we were all about it! He hasn't done a concert with his full band in over ten years. This was big!!
I grew up listening to his music. Memorizing it. Playing songs over and over again, on a cassette tape. To say I've been a fan my whole life is an understatement. So, when he announced that he would be doing a series of concerts to benefit the flood restoration in Nashville, we were all about it! He hasn't done a concert with his full band in over ten years. This was big!!
So, yesterday was the day! We headed to "Nashvegas," as they say, and picked up our friends, Miles and Caitlyn on the way....
We love hanging out with them!
We enjoyed dinner downtown and strolled around afterward before our 9:00 showtime!
It was great to be in Music City. I hadn't been since high school, and I especially was pleased to see how great the town looks after the flood.
Happy to be on our mini-getaway, happy to be with friends and happy to be counting down the minutes to Garth!!
Nashville is definitely the capitol of country music, and all things western wear :)
Elvis is everywhere in Nashville, too. I suppose we take The King for granted being that we live in Memphis, home of the blues, birthplace of rock 'n roll.
Caitlyn poses with a creepy Willie Nelson fortune telling machine. Odd, to say the least.
Right across from Bridgestone Arena was an awesome wine bar. I've never been in a wine bar like it (maybe they're more common and I just need to get out more?), but anyway, there were display cases of wine all around the room. You insert your card and select how full you'd like your glass, and voila! out it pours into your glass. This was way fun! If we had had time, I would have selected the 'tasting' size on lots of them to figure out what I liked best :)
Group shot!
We frequently checked out the window of this bar to see how the line was moving to get into the concert. Imagine 20,000 people leaving the first show, and 20,000 people trying to get into the next one. All in ONE area. Crazy times. Luckily, we timed it just right and had no problems getting through :)
Finally in our seats, we anxiously awaited Garth!!
And there he is. The legend. The country music icon.
Our floor seats were fantastic!
We turned around to snap a pic, but I wasn't looking at the camera! There's Garth just over Keith's head :)
All 4 of us sang our hearts out to every song! Each one was more exciting than the last.
Garth was incredible. Absolutely amazing. It was, hands down, the best concert I've ever been to. And, the only one where I, and seemingly every single person there, knew every lyric and belted it out the whole time!
Garth's wife, Trisha Yearwood, even made a special appearance and sang a few songs with him. It was great!
We saw show #7 out of 10. His voice was hoarse, and he had to be totally exhausted. But, he rocked it out for two and a half hours! He sang over 20 songs at least - unbelievable!
It was an amazing night!!! Thank you, Garth, for letting me check this one thing off my bucket list :)
Today, before heading out of town, we drove over to Opryland Hotel. Another icon for Nashville!
This was a gigantic tree made out of poinsettias!
It was just beautiful!
Miles and Caitlyn lookin' so cute in front of the tree!
Check out this huge tree. It was so big!!
Having such a fun day!
Another group shot in front of the massive tree.
Lovely Opryland!
Keith found a pair of horses to hang out with :)
I hadn't been to Opryland since I was a little girl, and I was amazed at how big the place is!
It was a wonderful little trip to take right before Christmas, and we loved every minute! Thanks, Miles and Cait for being such great travel buds!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Looks like such a fun trip!! I would love to go to a Garth Brooks concert, I'm sure it's quite a show!! :)
I am so jealous!! You are one lucky girl!! Merry Xmas!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)