Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Golf, 'Rents and Flowers (and Heat)

Most random blog post title ever!

Anyway, this weekend my parents came in town for a visit, and for the St. Jude Classic golf tournament. We had lots of fun last year! The awesome ad agency I work for (cs2) is a sponsor of the event, and we designed the event collateral and advertising:

Here are some outdoor boards...

14x48_BrianGay_FINAL_LORES
Last year's winner, Brian Gay

14x48_JohnDaly_FINAL_LORES
The unique John Daly

14x48_CamiloVillegas_FINAL_rev
And my personal favorite, Camilo Villegas from Colombia.
He's hot, and he does that crouching-tiger-spider thing before he putts. Hot.


Speaking of hot, it was insane out there this weekend. Heat index was 102+ degrees. Yowza.
Cameras are not allowed on the course, strict policy! So, here are some pics from the St Jude Classic website:

Picture 3
Rory McIlroy. He's like 21 or something crazy.
Can you imagine being a pro athelete at that age?

Picture 1
John Daly, you are a brave man for wearing such crazy pants.

photo(8)
Keith snapped this pic on his iphone.
Shows how close you can get when you're there!


It was really fun, but we all melted. Thank goodness for air conditioning afterward!!



IMG_5635
We enjoyed time with my parents!


IMG_5629
And a great dinner at Fresh Slices in Midtown, one of our favorite local spots.

IMG_5632


IMG_5636

IMG_5639
Crazy.

IMG_5641
Summer lovin'

IMG_5649
Deep thought.
I think he was staring at the tv watching the World Cup!

IMG_5651
Sly guy



To make this post really random, I'm adding some pics from around the house! I enlisted my Mom's talents to help me with an updated flower arrangement in the entryway, and a new wreath out front for summer:

IMG_5657
I love it!!


IMG_5653
Lime green, red, yellow. My summer colors around here!

IMG_5656

IMG_5664
On the front porch

IMG_5662
It all started with the pillows and the red flowers in the yard....which inspired the wreath:

IMG_5661
It's a little bit country, and I like it that way. Gingham makes me smile.
My Mom knows her way around silk flowers, a hot glue gun and wire cutters. She's a wizard.
Thanks, Mom!

We had a great time with the golfers, my parents, and believe it or not, the blasted sun. I got a little more of a tan! :) Hope you all had a good weekend, too!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Love your summer flowers and your wreath :) Very pretty!

Rachel said...

Kendall! I came across your blog through a friend of a friend's and have been a faithful reader ever since! I actually was at the golf tournament all weekend and saw a girl that looked just like you, and I was all star-struck, but then thought "surely that's not really her!" But I guess it was. Definitely should've come over to say hello! Love the blog, keep up the fabulous work :)

Alexis Anderson said...

ahaha! I love that you're a bloggin' celebrity. I wish I had fans. :) I love the wreath. It's just the right amount-a country!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)