Last night we went to a fabulous concert on Mud Island in Memphis. Zac Brown Band was in town and we LOVE them!!
Not familiar with Memphis? Well, Mud Island is a part of land that is separated from the main Memphis downtown by a bit of water. There are lots of boats kept down there, and there is also a great park, with an amphitheater.
{flickr credit- hanneorla}
{flickr credit- hanneorla}
You can walk over the pedestrian bridge, or ride in the red monorail thing.
This was our view last night as we rode over in the red shuttle thing. It had just been pouring down rain and storming so much! We were certain we would be rained on during the whole concert. But, luckily they postponed by one hour and it was all gone!
My and my hubs
Our friends Miles and Caitlyn came with us!
Miles and Keith are BFF dental buddies ;)
The show was fantastic!!!!! We love Zac Brown Band. Now I love them even more after seeing them live.
They have amazing musical talents and their violinist rocked it out!
They have a really mellow vibe, and have some Jimmy-Buffett-esque songs. My favorites? Jolene, Free, and of course, Chicken Fried! Really, everything they sang was my favorite it seemed!
It was a very muggy night, but all worth it!
Cute lovebirds!
So much fun!
Another group from dental school was sitting just a few rows behind us. So fun! Thanks for letting us pre-party with you guys!!
Awwww, you boys are just so cute. You love each other.
There’s no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I’ve come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise your glasses for a toast
.....To a little bit of chicken fried!!!
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise your glasses for a toast
.....To a little bit of chicken fried!!!
Thank you, Zac Brown Band, for an AWESOME show!!! We loved it :)







5 responses. Leave a Comment!:
How fun!! I love concerts at Mud Island in the summer!
I love them! I have lived here my whole life and have never been to Mud Island. Awful, I know!
How fun! They're really good :) My hubby used to books bands at a bar in college so we got to meet them and hang out before they got all famous!
Fun! To be muggy and humid, you look adorable! :)
Where did you get that cute red top?!?? LOVE it!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)