Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Vacation Part II: Rosemary Beach

The second half of our vacation was spent in picturesque Rosemary Beach in Florida. It was so quaint and charming! It's East of Destin and just down Highway 30A, past Seaside. I fell in love with it immediately.

IMG_5422



Here are some photos from Flickr, that I unfortunately did not take :(
Too busy having fun in the sun!


Rosemary Beach, Northwest Florida

Kids are playing everywhere, and bikes are ridden all over the place

Rosemary Beach, Northwest Florida

Rosemary Beach, Northwest Florida

There are no high-rise condos, just beautiful, cute cottages and homes.

Rosemary Beach, Northwest Florida

Lots of porches, in the true Southern style!

Ok, I did take some pictures, so here they are:


IMG_5392

We met up with our lovely, sweet friends The Strothers. They are, as I refer to them with Keith, 'our people.' We miss them a lot since they live in Little Rock and we live in Memphis. In a perfect world, we would double date all the time and Lauren and I would share a bottle a wine for girl talk at least once a week.

IMG_5397

They are a blessing to us. We keep them close to our hearts.

And aren't they precious?

IMG_5399

We took a few pictures one night before heading to dinner.

IMG_5401

Keith and Lee had played golf earlier in the day.
They are two peas in a pod.

IMG_5402

Our little happy friend family

IMG_5404

A nice/quirky lady and her friend stopped and offered to take some pictures. These poses were their idea :) I think Lauren and Lee's turned out cute!

IMG_5405

Ours? Not so much.

IMG_5406

I like boys in linen.
It's my confession for the day.


We enjoyed a super-fabulous dinner at Cafe Thirty-A. Oh my, it was so wonderful! The martinis were pretty awesome, too!



IMG_5440

Back on the beach the next day, we got a few pics

IMG_5441

IMG_5442

We are happy as clams on the beach. Can we stay forever?

IMG_5413

Also there were Lauren and Lee's extended family, though I did not do a good job getting pics of them. There were lots of kiddos and fun to be had. The waves were huge on our last day, so the guys did lots of boogie boarding and the kids did, too.

IMG_5417

The waves were perfect for this, but exhausting if you stood in them long enough!

IMG_5430

IMG_5437

I think Keith did this the better part of the day, and drug the kids out many, many times. It wore him out!


That night, we went to dinner in Seaside. There was also an art walk going on. The atmosphere in Seaside is so great. I wish I could move there!
IMG_5452

Lauren and I sported maxi dresses. I also had a funky bloodshot eye issue. Ewwwy.

IMG_5448

The art was great, and the band playing outside was even better.

IMG_5443

Keith poses with a painting of a fish, with teeth. Could these be his two favorite things?! :)

IMG_5447


IMG_5449

This little area was so lovely

IMG_5446

Keith and his buddy, Lexi, Lee's little sister. They are now BFFs.

IMG_5454

After an excellent dinner at Great Southern, Lolly poses with some ice cream!


We simply cherished our few days we had with the Strothers. It was so, so relaxing! 


To Lauren and Lee, thank you for letting us join you/crash your vacation. You are little treasures and we love you very much. Can we do this again?

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Such a pretty beach :) I love your hair wavy...very pretty!

lauren strother said...

You can crash with us any time. I'm all ready to plan another trip!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)