There's something about summertime that makes me crave cobbler and ice cream. Do you feel that way? A good cobbler is so satisfying and southern!
Here's a recipe for a very yummy Blackberry Cobbler. It's SO easy to make! My mom got this recipe from a friend, so no tellin' what the original source is!
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
16 oz bag of frozen blackberries, thawed
Let me tell you about frozen vs fresh in this recipe. I love fresh blackberries, so I'm not discriminating here, but the frozen is better suited for this cobbler. The frozen ones are softer and are not as 'seedy' as fresh, in my opinion. Plus, it's so simple to use the bag and let them thaw on paper towels. If you make this with fresh blackberries, let me know!
Ok, let's get started:
Preheat oven to 350
In a baking dish, add the 1/2 cup stick of butter and stick it in the oven to melt. Keep an eye on it and you'll know when to take it out. While that's happening, let's make the batter:
To a small bowl, add 1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup of milk
Stir it all together!
By now, your butter should be melted.
Pour the batter over the melted butter. You must RESIST the urge to stir or mix it! Just leave it, people.
Next, drop in the blackberries.
Again, let it be. Don't stir it up!!
This is ready to go back into the oven. Don't forget that it's still hot from being in the oven once! Don't burn yourself, kiddos.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
It looks like a cobbler, as it should. Duh.
And not stirring it didn't turn it into a freak cobbler, did it?
This is best served warm!
And it's even better with ice cream!! In fact, not having the ice cream just wouldn't be the same. So, don't skimp on the yummy vanilla s'cream.
This recipe is great with other fruits, too!
This recipe is great with other fruits, too!







8 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I've been in the baking mood lately and this looks good! I'll definitely have to try it out soon!!
That does look easy and so yummy!
Do you think I could use frozen strawberries instead of blackberries? (just trying to think about what I already have in my freezer!)
Jill - I bet strawberries would work! It's a basic recipe, so I'm sure that any fruit would go fine. Just be sure to let the strawberries thaw on paper towels! And let me know how it turns out!
I love cobblers and this one looks so easy and delicious! You are right about the ice cream - it's definitely a must!
This looks delicious, of course what one of your recipes have I not said that about?! It's so funny that you referred to it as s'cream, that's what we call it for short too!!
I think I just may forgo dinner tonight and make this instead looks like heaven and reminds me of my southern roots..mmmm nothing better than cobbler and ice cream in the summer...I love your recipes and have tried a few that have gone over with flying colors in my house!! Will definitely be trying this one out on the bf this weekend!
I'm gonna make this recipe this week! I know you like it for the summer....but cobbler in the winter sounds even better to me! :)
I'll try to resist the urge to stir!
Thanks!
Jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)