Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Father's Day {Golf- Themed} Dinner

Tonight we had Keith's family over for an impromptu Father's Day dinner. And at the very last minute, I decided to give it a little bit of a golf theme! I used things I had around the house, and I think it turned out pretty cute!

IMG_5817


IMG_5811

I used a cute golfers tray that Ms Penny (my mother-in-law) gave me a while back. I've been waiting for the perfect time to use it!

IMG_5813

I used a green and white ceramic bowl to hold some of Keith's golf balls, that he kindly let me barrow from the garage...

IMG_5806

To get crafty, I made these little flags in literally two minutes! I used colored toothpicks, small pieces of scrapbook paper and double-sided tape. Such a cinch!

IMG_5815

I paired them with some colorful cocktail napkins I had in my 'entertaining' closet, and some bright plastic tumblers.

IMG_5816

I also dug out this golf chip & dip set. This has been in a box since we got married and I finally got around to using it tonight. Ms Penny brought a fantastic olive spread that we enjoyed on this platter.

IMG_5818

Mr Bob loved opening his card and presents!

IMG_5825

He was SO PUMPED about the Nike shoes we got for him. He's going to start going to the gym and he can't wait! We're making it a family affair lately :) While Meagan and I do our step aerobics class, Keith and Ryan do the weights. Now Mr Bob and Ms Penny are going to start coming, too! Time for everyone to get healthy.

IMG_5826

Nothing like making your Dad happy on Father's Day! He claims it was one of his most favorite Dad's days of all times. So sweet!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)