It all started on Thursday when Keith gave me a wonderful surprise! I found out that we're heading to Destin for our first anniversary. Yay!!! I can't WAIT for Thursday when we pull out of the driveway :)

But, wait, I thought I already told you in this post that we we're beach bound for our anniversary....
Yeah, I know, I did. That was back when we were just starting to plan. Much has changed since then. See, it all started when I realized I had 3 vacation days to spend before August. So, Keith and I thought it would be nice to get away for our anniversary and take advantage of the summer break that Keith has now. The beach was our chosen destination because beach = pure relaxation and a tan for Kendall.
BUT, when we started checking into places to stay, the $ just started to really add up. We couldn't agree on how much to spend and if we should even go anywhere at all. So, the planner nature in me was starting to go nuts without having a reservation made somewhere and my laid-back, 'what's-the-rush?' husband was in no hurry to figure this out....(this tends to be a sticking point for us :)
So, finally, Keith just got frustrated and told me to chill out. He'd figure it out and make plans for us. But, a week ago when I tried to pry and see if anything had been decided, I got the feeling that we'd be spending our days off at home (wouldn't be so bad, really).
So, clearly I was surprised on Thursday when he told me we were IN FACT going to the beach!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Need a good book, sunscreen, and a packed bag. Oh yes, and the year-old frozen cake and extra bottle of champagne--mmm delish!
Destin, here I come. Thank you, hubby :)
The fun continued on Friday when Keith and my parents went to the St. Jude Classic golf tournament. I was at work, but got to meet up with them at the end of the day and I'm gonna get to go tomorrow to the final round- can't wait for that, either!!
But, anyway, Dad has a hat that he collects PGA golfer signatures on...and he was reeeeeally hoping to get some while he was out there. But, the storms came and called off play for the day. So, he walked away without any new names on the hat.
The boys we're on the freeway leaving, headed to meet us girls when they look over and see PHIL MICKELSON driving by himself in a car. So, they follow him. Keith figured he was heading to the Hilton where all the players stay, so they just drove right there, too. They pull into the parking lot right beside him. Nobody was around at all! So, Keith walked right up and got Phil's signature on this flag:
We got this flag when we went to Kauai, Hawaii back in December, 2004. Just one month prior, Phil shot a record 59 at the Poipu Bay golf course for the Grand Slam yearly tournament.So, it was a perfect flag for Phil to sign.

Hi, Phil. You're awesome.
The boys were ecstatic when we joined them. I mean Keith got to meet Phil one-on-one with nobody around! CRAZY!
It gets better....
So, we decided to get some dinner. PF Chang's was just down the street so it seemed like a good choice.
And, boy, was it.
We were seated next to a table where Aaron Baddely and his caddy were dining.

mmmm, Cute-y!
Then, we look over and see another table where Justin Leonard, Scott Verplank, Phil Mickelson and their caddys are eating. Serioulsy? We're in golf heaven!!!!! I was a little star-struck myself.

Justin

Scott Verplank
Dad managed to get all of their signatures as they left the restaurant.
And then, to top things off, just before we left we spotted another table nearby with Retief Goosen. My mom went and fetched that signature.

He's from South Africa and has a delightful accent.
I like golfers. And their golfing clothes.
It was really fun. I mean, I haven't even been out to the tourney yet and I've seen 5 pro golfers.
So, instead of cloud nine, I'd say The Joneses are on Hole 9 :)







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Kendall darlin,
I just finished watching (every second) of your wedding video and I'm telling you,..it looks like a real honest-to-goodness fairy tale night.
What a special treasure you and Keith have in your love for each other!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)