Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Chicken Berry Pine Nut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette

Last night I made a pretty good summer salad! Let me tell you all about it, because I know you want all the yummy details! :)
Note: Recipe inspired by a Pampered Chef cookbook, and revised by me.

IMG_5526

It was really pretty in my green bowl, too.
I heart my green bowl and spoons.

Some of you have asked where it's from: It was a wedding gift (2 years ago) from my cousin Ashley. She purchased at a shop in Little Rock called Fifth Season where we registered. I have no idea who makes the bowl and what other shops may sell....but Fifth Season may still carry it!

IMG_5532

And it looked very appetizing once the dressing was on it!

Chicken Berry Pine Nut Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
click here for printer-friendly version

Let's start with the dressing.

IMG_5484

You need:
3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Seedless Raspberry Jam
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper

IMG_5486

Start by adding 3 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar to a blender or jar

IMG_5487

Add 2 Tbsp Jam

IMG_5488

Add 1 tsp Dijon Mustard

IMG_5489

Now blend it all together. I use my immersion blender. One of my favorite kitchen gadgets!!

IMG_5491

Blend, baby, blend.

IMG_5492

Now pour in the Olive Oil (1/4 cup) and the Salt & Pepper (not pictured).
Blend well until smooth.

IMG_5493

Now that's ready. Just set it aside.
*Of course, a store-bought vinaigrette would be perfectly fine, but I enjoy making dressings


Time to get the salad ingredients together:

IMG_5496

I used:
Boston lettuce
Chicken
Blueberries
Raspberries, small handful
Strawberries, about 6-7
1/4 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
Sugar Snap Peas, a big handful 
Red Onion slices, I used about 1/4 of a small onion

IMG_5498

I just eyeballed it. Don't know exactly how much of the berries I used. Just as much as I wanted!

IMG_5506

In a big bowl, start with a bag of Boston blend (the buttery, yummy lettuce)

IMG_5508

I included a large, thinly sliced chicken breast

IMG_5507

Now everything is ready!

IMG_5517

Oh wait, cut those snap peas in half first....

IMG_5518

And slice those strawberries....


Ok, now you're ready!

IMG_5520

Add everything to the big bowl,

IMG_5525

And mix it up!

IMG_5531

I like to add the dressing once my salad is on an individual plate, instead of to the big bowl.

IMG_5532

Yum!!! Enjoy!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Unknown said...

This salad looks so good. I love your green bowl and spoons. Thanks for sharing.

tracy said...

I think you said the green bowl was a wedding gift, but do you know where it was purchased? It's absolutely lovely.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)